Very NICE!!!!

Thank You!

Very NICE!!!!

I like the different leather and fabric mix. Very well done. Thanks for the pictorial on your process.

A fine looking Bag, Kinda reminds me of a Coach "$$$$" Bag..

Nice work and color choices. I like the cell phone attachment inside, and the snap for keys (so they don't get lost inside with other stuff). The tooling looks nice, and it's placement and color really serves to bind everything together in a stylistic way. Will the straps be rounded? Well done.

I like the different leather and fabric mix. Very well done. Thanks for the pictorial on your process.

NO Fabric on this one... It's a chocolate chap leather and a buckskin chap leather up top

Not sure how to do the "rounded" handles?

Ant links??? Tutorials?

Nice work and color choices. I like the cell phone attachment inside, and the snap for keys (so they don't get lost inside with other stuff). The tooling looks nice, and it's placement and color really serves to bind everything together in a stylistic way. Will the straps be rounded? Well done.

Oops the tan looked like canvas to me. Yes, the link you had on your FB showed how you went about making the purse.

The Art of Making Leather Cases Vol.2 by Al Stohlman has instructions on how to do them (Handle # 17, page 21). I have made them several times (but I also have a rein rounder which makes it even easier). They aren't that difficult to do, and they are more comfortable on the shoulder and hands, if that purse gets filled and heavy). I am sure there are tutorials somewhere on this site, but I never did a search because I own the Stohlman books.

The Art of Making Leather Cases Vol.2 by Al Stohlman has instructions on how to do them (Handle # 17, page 21). I have made them several times (but I also have a rein rounder which makes it even easier). They aren't that difficult to do, and they are more comfortable on the shoulder and hands, if that purse gets filled and heavy). I am sure there are tutorials somewhere on this site, but I never did a search because I own the Stohlman books.

Oops, I think the handle you actually might want to use is # 18 or 19 on page 22.

thanks, I dont have access to the books, so I'll give the search a try

Oops, I think the handle you actually might want to use is # 18 or 19 on page 22.

thanks, I dont have access to the books, so I'll give the search a try

Good luck on the search, but I think there is a pdf version available for download on the Springfield leather, or Tandy site.

Lovely work! Very Coachlike, indeed.

What kind of leather is the cream-colored body, and where dd you find it?

tk

It's a 5-6 oz leather from Napa Hyde house I bought 12+ years ago! This is just the remnants of a pair of Chaps I made way back then!

Lovely work! Very Coachlike, indeed.

What kind of leather is the cream-colored body, and where dd you find it?

tk

here is how I did my Handles, with the ends done up like riens!

post-26531-050225500 1329328521_thumb.jp

If you search around on the internet you can get volume one for free in pdf form or pm me and I could email it to you.

It's a 5-6 oz leather from Napa Hyde house I bought 12+ years ago! This is just the remnants of a pair of Chaps I made way back then!

here is how I did my Handles, with the ends done up like riens!

just beautiful!

tk