Howdy folks!

Finally I've completed this project, a single buscadero gun belt, I made it for myself and was the gun belt that I always dreamed as a kid! It's named El Tejano by the great Jim simmons, as always I have to thank him a lot, for the patterns kindly provided and the help on making gun belts and holsters.

The gun belt has 30 cartridge loops for .45 LC, (I can't wait to get me a Uberti Cattleman, hopefully with my next wage) and it's only lined on the drop loop for the holster, the holster is fully lined and comes with the variations of the classic strap and the round loop with the Texas Ranger Star concho.

So guys tell me what do you think, soon I'll make another one similar but brown.

I would like to thank again Jim Simmons for the patterns and his help, I couldn't have gone this far with your GREAT TUTORIALS and PATTERN PACKS! You are my mentor on making Western leather accessories!

Cheers from Italy

post-52032-0-07970900-1435345300_thumb.j

post-52032-0-51558600-1435345303_thumb.j

post-52032-0-27577100-1435345310_thumb.j

post-52032-0-27951900-1435345541_thumb.j

Edited by Bruno Rock

Beautiful job Bruno, absolutely beautiful.

How does the Texas Star concho strap fasten in the back? Are they two separate holsters for the same belt?

You are your name, my friend, Bruno, you Rock!

It's the same holster and both the buckle strap and the Texas Ranger Star loop it's attached in the back skirt with chicago screws! Thanks for the nice comment, what really rocks here are Jim Simmons' patterns and tutorials!

Super cool, Bruno! I love the look.

Nice job Bruno. I noticed you used wood dowels for case dummies to form your cartridge loops. On my first holster I did that and found that when I put that many .45LC cartridges in in the belt if kept pulling my pants down! :rofl: All in all, nice work. Where in Italy are you? My sister lives just outside of Rome.

Bob

Thanks Monica and Bob! Yeah I use wood dowels for now, you think that adding too many cartridge loops on the gun belt will make it uneasy to wear?

I live near Genova, Rome it's a little bit far from here!

Bruno, when I made my first holster, I had 25 loops, I found that if I skipped a loop every three, it helped a lot.

Bob

Great looking rig.....nice color

A couple of better pics! Enjoy

A couple of better pics! Enjoy

post-52032-0-65722000-1435783538_thumb.j

post-52032-0-76942100-1435783591_thumb.j

Flawless...Very, Very nice!!!!!

You've hit home with the look...Awesome!

Rock I noticed you didn't line the belt. I also notice the short or almost nonexistent drop on the belt and holster. Plus it is a straight drop holster. I think you might be more comftable and easier to draw and holster with more of a drop and up to a 30 degree muzzle forward can't to the holster. I shoot sass and the old I get the more I want the gun to be just at the right angle and place so my wrist and elbow doesn't have to make up for it. I've looked at several of the rigs used for the b and white westerns being shown daily on the western channel plus looking at both the bianci memorial book and the other one that the name just went . But the belt was made to a l shape almost to position the gun just so, the holster and drop on the belt was much greater that yours and the is a muzzle forward can't to the holster.

I've watched and made belts by the instruction from the bianci three video set, George somebody he was the owner of leather crafters iirc, and dusty johnsons DVD. The best was bianci of corse. But I ordered a canvas Wells Fargo belt from the new company and was very disappointed in its quality. I had won a coupon gift certificate. I've used his meathod on making western gun belts several times and for a two gun rig you can not ask for a better belt either as a ranger or bascadero style. I use his ideas for building my holsters also except I've modified them more to my liking, I add more I'd a drop and muzzle forward angle to them. Plus I use more than leather to stiffen them I use al. Flashing between the leather or kydex when available.

My fir sass rig was built as a single bascadero drop with a cross draw for the second gun. Eventually I made a drop loop attachment which allowed me to have a double bascadero rig if I wanted but the rig was lost when I totaled my Rv.

Back to you rig.

Very nicely done neat craftsmanship plus I'm a fan of the black leather with white stitching. I hope you don't take my comments negativity I just wanted to point out possible modifications for your next project.

I know several Italians that shoot sass and come to New Mexico every year for the world championship. If it wasn't for the itialian gun makers like UBERTI and pieata(spelling) we wouldn't have the rifles we use and many of the revolvers used. Except for some S&W replicas I'm wanting all my revolvers are made in the USA with USA parts. Ruger and USFA SAAs.

Edited by Blackey Cole

Thanks Bruce H and Blackey Cole, of corse I didn't take your comments negatevely, I will keep your suggestions in mind when I'll make a SASS gunbelt!