I know this is a horrific topic for the men, but a reality for us ladies.

I loaned out my personal saddle for a trial to a lady friend, and she had her period while riding in it, and then returned it to me.

I am not an expert, but was told water and plain liquid dish soap would help clean the stain off the suade seat.

I scrubbed and scrubbed, and managed to rid my saude seat of the stain, but am left with a lighter mark on my suade seat now from over treating it.

Help is needed! I want to have a consistent colour to my suade seat and am looking for suggestions to make it not so obvious of the stain, or now lighter mark on my saddle.

Thanks!

Have you oiled it yet? Try a little real neetsfoot oil, then some sunshine to see if it will "tan" a little. Don't get carried away with too much oil, and keep it to the area you have cleaned. Let it soak in at least overnight before you judge as to whether it is blotchy or not. Don't try to make the oil application look perfect as soon as you have applied it.

Another possibility is to slightly roughen up the surface using some 80 or 100 grit sandpaper, just a little to raise the nap again.

Tom