Can anyone provide some history on this saddle. I bought it at a garage sale and really like it. It is a very solid saddle. I will definitely keep it as a backup to my new saddle.

post-46116-0-27610500-1387406388_thumb.j

post-46116-0-84365200-1387406388_thumb.j

I can't see where it was made, but could have been made by Baldo Hill, who had a shop West of Chandler, Ok. Baldo Hill was the son of saddle maker, Onofre Hill. Ono Had a shop at Bartlesville, Ok. until his death in the mid 80's. Baldo had been at Chandler from the early 1960's until the last time I saw him in about 2002. Don't know if he still has a shop or if he is still with us. Reason I know about him is I apprenticed under his father, Ono, in the mid 1960's. Hope this might help. Also if you would post full pictures of the saddle I could probably tell.

Thanks very much. I will post a picture tomorrow. I live about 50 miles from Chandler, so I bet you are right.

Here is the photo I promised. Thanks for the backgrond information. The number on the latigo holder is 444421615 if that means anything.

post-46116-0-95827000-1387488217_thumb.j

It looks like this says Hill Maker Okla City... do you think this might be one of his saddles as well? I found it for sale locally, and if it is I would like to buy it and put some tlc into it.

Thanks!

00R0R_g4cF4Qnzc68_600x450.jpg

00F0F_jdH6NQNGcQ8_600x450.jpg

00M0M_5qeBiDwqJtc_600x450.jpg

00202_bJ5lDhedlIv_600x450.jpg

I'm afraid I can't confirm that. Since I posted this, I had a friend tell me he used to stop by Baldo Hill's shop near Wellston, OK (which is west of Chandler as mentioned above). Wellston is along Route 66 just NW of OKC, so it is in the same general area.  However, the different maker's mark would make me wonder.

Randy