Tallbald

Colored Thread Retailer For Colors Besides Black-White-Brown

Deleted. Found what I need. Sorry for the bother. Don

Edited by Tallbald

Care to share the source you found for this thread please??

Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines and Wawak for my thread purchases.

Edited by Wizcrafts

Care to share the source you found for this thread please??

This post got me wondering so I did some searching and found Superior Threads in St. George, UT. Believe it or not they stock 1# cones of bonded nylon #277 in sixteen colors! :banana:

Just sayin'.....

JW

That's bigger than I need...I wonder if they have V90 thread in a lot of colors...in bonded poly...I'll go check them out...thanks for the link...

Check with Mother Superior to see which colors are in stock. I found limited options in certain sizes and formulations of bonded thread.

Now, if you want cotton or polycore thread, Superior is one of the better places to go to, especially for Tailor Made thread. The cotton thread they sell is among the best available.

The Thread Exchange has a huge supply of nylon and polyester bonded threads.

Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines has long racks packed full of bonded nylon and bonded polyester thread. Their prices are among the best for 1/2 and 1 pound spools. They are the distributor for Cowboy brand lubricated nylon thread.

That said, both Superior and Wawak are stocking more varieties of nylon thread than previously. I just received a shipment from Wawak, with an 8 ounce spool of lemon yellow #69 nylon and a dozen 1 ounce patcher spools in various colors and shades, also in size 69. Furthermore, Wawak is where I get my Venture Tape leather tape. It's available in 1/4" and 1/2" widths.

This isn't entirely on topic, but I'd like to get some multi-colored thread for an upcoming project. I have not yet ventured into the world of leather sewing machines, so it will be hand sewn. I've looked around a bit but have not yet seen anything that looks usable for me. It probably does not help that I'm totally mystified by thread sizes unless it's in mm. I usually use .8mm or 1mm poly thread.

Does anybody have suggestions?

Bill

Weaver leather Company

This isn't entirely on topic, but I'd like to get some multi-colored thread for an upcoming project. I have not yet ventured into the world of leather sewing machines, so it will be hand sewn. I've looked around a bit but have not yet seen anything that looks usable for me. It probably does not help that I'm totally mystified by thread sizes unless it's in mm. I usually use .8mm or 1mm poly thread.

Does anybody have suggestions?

Bill

Mainethread.com for hand stitching, small spools. I tried to link to it but....

I've used superior threads for some 277 bonded nylon in pink and have been happy with it.

Edited by J Hayes