Double U Leather

Take A Deep Seat

Here's the latest. I made this for a silent auction item for our youth group at church. Ironically enough, the silent auction will take place during a chili cook off!! I didn't even think about what I was making until after it was cut. I did have to change my idea for the silouhette though. At first, I was going to do the silouhette of the cowboy praying at the cross. Then it kinda dawned on me with the whole chili supper thing, plus the old saying of "praying to the porcelain god", that maybe that wouldn't be such a brilliant idea...LOL. Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think. As always, stay blessed.

post-7660-069808300 1331573097_thumb.jpg

Looks great. That will be a fitting addition to any cowboy commode or buckaroo barcalounger.

Here's the latest. I made this for a silent auction item for our youth group at church. Ironically enough, the silent auction will take place during a chili cook off!! I didn't even think about what I was making until after it was cut. I did have to change my idea for the silouhette though. At first, I was going to do the silouhette of the cowboy praying at the cross. Then it kinda dawned on me with the whole chili supper thing, plus the old saying of "praying to the porcelain god", that maybe that wouldn't be such a brilliant idea...LOL. Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think. As always, stay blessed.

great work, what did you antique and finish it with? i love that color

Holy Crap, that's nice! I'd hate to see a nice work like that go to Waste! I gotta admit, I never imagined a Rope Can Cover like that... unless it had a real Crappy rope inside. I like the chrome handle too.

Oh, the carving and design is outstanding! Nice work!

:dunno: Just can't resist a good pun every once in a while!

Bill

Thanks for the compliments.....Ouch, for the finish and antique, I simply applied a very light coat of olive oil, neatlac, mahogany antique, and then TanKot.

Cogs....Good puns are always appreciated. Sometimes I wonder if society has gotten so "dumbed down" that no one can think that quick. Either that, or they just can't decide whether to _ _ _ _ or get off of the pot!

Be blessed.

Well, I hope I didn't raise a Stink about this! I was only trying to Flush out a couple of laughs!

Ok, okay... I'll quit (before someone takes a Plunger to me)!

:} Bill

Cogs...that last little bit just about wiped me out. Do you just sit there all day thinking of these things? Well, I'd add more, but right now I gotta run and take care of some business.

Well that is really awesome. You have really pushing the envelope of what can be decorated with leather. It really is beautiful work and #2 it brings your art into a room of the house that can always use more culture.

:rofl:

Edited by TTcustom

TTcustom & Leatherrookie, Nice comebacks! You're my kinda guys!

Leatherrookie, Your work holds a special memory in my heart. I recall past days spent with CA member Jack Swanson, one of the few members of the Cowboy Artist's Association. Jack and my father shared an art gallery in Carmel Valley, California. As a youngster, we visited Jack, Sally and the kids, and I remember a small bathroom with a seat cover very similar to this. His entire cabin was all cowboy, from the log cabin style home, to the hair-on cow hide rugs, to the leather living room chairs and the hand carved leather toilet seat (not to mention the bronze statues and oil paintings). Seeing your nice work evokes those memories and makes me long to have one of my own.

Good luck at the auction and may the Good Lord take a liken to you,

Bill

Dadgum....this thread is really going to pot. Earler today, I thought my brain was getting plugged up, but it's now back to thinking regular....I guess it all depends on how you look at things.

Well, I'm too pooped to come up with some dribble appropriate to this bull session. Ya'll are a bunch of potty minded gents with nothing better to do than to piss in the wind.

Ok, ok... I couldn't help it. I had to represent for the sit down gender here. :P

:innocent: