Sign in to follow this  
pellegrino

New Member From Italy

Hello, my name is Sergio, 58 years old and I'm from Venezuela, and I live in Italy for many years.

I am a craftsman and actually I produce customized bags for Harley-Davidson and Triumph, but I do not mind working for other brands.

Carving leather by January 2010 and I am attaching some of my works....

Now, after 10 months, I'm ready to go to learn to paint and antiquing leather but keep in mind that if you want to recommend some procedures and products that many American companies do not sell outside the U.S. and Canada ...

Thank you in advance for your lessons

post-17251-038233900 1287237906_thumb.jp

post-17251-017600100 1287238101_thumb.jp

post-17251-074414300 1287238166_thumb.jp

post-17251-091903500 1287238467_thumb.jp

So far so good, are you sure this January you started?

Yes, I'm sure because before I did not have any instrument usefull to carve, my first trial was with a little screwdriver and a normal hammer.

In Italy, despite the fact that we have some of the best tanneries in the world, do not have enough leather engravers to have also a certain number of stores that sell what you need to carve leather.

I bought my tools at tandy's leather in Jenuary but I was working leather ( for bags ) for 3-4 years and I'm a graphic designer with computer so I'm quite expert in matters of drawing with layers, this help a lot.

But as you can see, actually, my limit is not carving the leather - I have been learning for almost a year and I think I do it not so bad and I'm still learning- but dyeing and antiquing.

I found this site looking for somebody who could sell the Fiebing's Antique paste!

Indeed, since you live in the UK, maybe you can recommend me a shop located in your country that sell and ship by mail this kind of products..

Here are some other samples of my passion....

post-17251-096950400 1287293686_thumb.jp

post-17251-050242100 1287293710_thumb.jp

post-17251-081927800 1287293723_thumb.jp

post-17251-073040600 1287293734_thumb.jp

post-17251-094233900 1287293779_thumb.jp

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum. Greetings from Central Texas, USA

Welcome Sergio .

You did a nice job with your carving and I love your bag.

http://www.dierenhuiden.be/index.php?action=home〈=NL

Here you have an adres in Belgium where you can order nearly all the tandy stuff online ore give them a call.

No problems with import tax , cause you order in the EEG.

Lovely work!

LePrevo are a UK company who sell the antique finishes and lots of other stuff besides ...

http://www.leprevo.co.uk

Thanks a lot to you all, nice to meet you here.....

Hello, my name is Sergio, 58 years old and I'm from Venezuela, and I live in Italy for many years.

I am a craftsman and actually I produce customized bags for Harley-Davidson and Triumph, but I do not mind working for other brands.

Carving leather by January 2010 and I am attaching some of my works....

Now, after 10 months, I'm ready to go to learn to paint and antiquing leather but keep in mind that if you want to recommend some procedures and products that many American companies do not sell outside the U.S. and Canada ...

Thank you in advance for your lessons

hey there your work is looking great