276ccm

Goldex Cylinder Sewing Machines

Hi there, I came across this Goldex HC-335 sewing machine.. but I have never heard of Golden before.. is it one of those "copy" brands? And with the HC-335 label, I´m thinking of the Pfaff 335.. ?

Does anyone know these machines? Any information is much appreciated! :)

post-6507-0-30366000-1413155190_thumb.jp

post-6507-0-08259100-1413155201_thumb.jp

I also never heard of them but it is a clone of the Pfaff 335 and was originally set up as a binding machine as it still has the attachments as it seems.

Thanks for your reply! :-) Yea I see it got this binding setup, but I guess it would be easy to set it back as an ordinary machine, dont you think?

If the engine is ok, it´s a reasonable strong machine, isn´t it? I have also considered a more new version of the Pfaff 335, but it goes for 1300 Euros..

I can get it for 400 Euros, which is about US $ 500.. and I believe it´s a good price.

Even though it is a not much known brand but 400€ sounds like a fair price for a walking foot cylinder machine.

We have an other member from Oslo, Norway. I´d contact him, maybe he knows some other sources for sewing machines.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showuser=10237

Thanks again, I have sent him a message too.. He's a master at machines and he helped me out rebuilding an old singer 45K and helped me with my Durkopp Adler 291..

After Google a little too, I see this Goldex is more "popular" in India, Pakistan and in some Spanish speaking countries, but not much information I hnderstand. If it's a clone maybe I can take the chanse of original Pfaff parts would fit.. If I need some to put it back as a non folding machine.

Maybe the engine is more weak if it's for this.. Hmm. The machine is sold in Spain so I asked my gf to help me call.

Thanks for helping! :-)

You´ll get it from Spain? How much will the shipping be? Wouldn´t it be cheaper to buy one from a country that is closer to Norway?

Constabulary, I´m about to move to Spain.. and I want it there, when I move.

I´m going to sell my Durkopp Adler 291 here in Norway, as it would cost a lot to ship, and it´s a good opportunity to find a cylinder machine there, as I always wanted one and would be more suitable for my work.. :-)

I talked with the seller (which means my gf translated into Spanish).. the machine didn´t have a needle position, which is one of the things I absolutely want. If this is a Pfaff 335 clone (which it looks like) will it be difficult and or expensive to attache that now? Or will it be depending on what kind of motor which is on the machine today?

Anyone? :-)

When the machine has a thread in the upper shaft where the hand wheel is it should be possible. And I´m sure it will have one. Normally there is a screw which is meant for fixing or adjusting the position of the hand wheel on the upper shaft.

When you are buying a servo motor with NPS most of the time there are 2 adapters for the synchronizer with different threading or separate screws for attaching the adapter to the shaft are included. But it can happen that the thread will not fit for your machine (as on my Singer 111G156) and then you have to make your own adapter (as I did). I just cut off the threaded part, drilled a hole in the adapter and put a screw in that fits.

I figured that the NPS on my Servo does not work when I have installed a speed reducer but without the speed reducer the NPS works!

Just a hint for the case you want to install a speed reducer as well. I took my NPS synchronizer off as I`m sewing slow and can watch the needle where it stops so I don´t need the NPS.

I have ordered my two servos motors from College Sewing in the UK

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot mate! I really appreciate the info! :-)

I think I understood the most of it hehe :-) I´m still thinking to buy the machine, and in case (as I don´t know anything about the motor) maybe buy a new motor.. but at the same time, maybe its better to wait for a more expensieve machine, and get exactly what I want and don't have to wait and fix things hehe

Hopefully I´ll sell mine for about US$ 1000 and can spend the same amount on a more new machine.. hmm

But thanks a lot! :)