FatbackSlim

Consew 223R Help needed.

I ran across a Consew 223R today for only $300.00 so I bought it. Now the question is how heavy of a leather can I sew with it? How heavy of a thread can I sew with it? All help will be appreciated. I may have more money than sense because I bought a Consew 225 also for only $100.00. :crazy::crazy:

at those prices, I have to wonder about them- both mechanically, and whether or not they're "hot".

That 223 is easily a $2000 machine, new....maybe more.

For the 225, it looks like a Singer 111, so you can do a search here for it.

at those prices, I have to wonder about them- both mechanically, and whether or not they're "hot".

That 223 is easily a $2000 machine, new....maybe more.

For the 225, it looks like a Singer 111, so you can do a search here for it.

The company I bought them from bought out 3 small companies in the past year. These are only 2 of the machines that were excess to their needs. I have a Singer 111 so I knew the 225 was a clone. They were also selling Adler, Singer and Brothers machines of the same type used to sew upholstry. :whatdoyouthink:

Edited by FatbackSlim

In that case...since you got them at blow-out prices from a legitimate source....

SCORE!!!!!!

I pulled a spec sheet (google it) on the 223R and it looks like you've got a presser foot lift of about 8mm. I don't think it falls in the "heavy duty stitcher" category, but it should handle belts, bags, wallets, etc. All it specifies on thread is "..thread depends on speed and material.."

Hang around for a little while....Art's sure to make an appearance and tell you what you need. BTW, go with his advice if it differs from mine...

Hi Slim,

You already know what the 225 is and if both are in good shape, then I need to go shopping with you. The 223 will do a couple pieces of 9oz (less is better) and 138/138 or 207/138 max, use a 135x16 needle #22 or #22 1/2 (you can go smaller).

Art