Johanna

Samples Ring

I was in the shop hunting for something, when I saw the sample ring hanging and thought, "Wonder if other leatherworkers do this?" When we had the business, this sample ring was a great way to help the customer with their decisions. Whenever John was trying something out, he'd finish by punching a hole and adding it to the ring. Sometimes he'd write on the back so he could remember how he did something. The customers liked having the choices, and seeing and holding the leather always seemed to encourage sales. Also on this ring are the 3D stamps, alphabet sets and lacing examples. Do you keep a ring too? Got a picture you can share?

Johanna

samples1__Medium_.jpg

samples2__Medium_.jpg

samples3__Medium_.jpg

samples__Medium_.jpg

post-5-1208294487_thumb.jpg

post-5-1208294498_thumb.jpg

post-5-1208294509_thumb.jpg

post-5-1208294519_thumb.jpg

Cool idea, Johanna! When I get to the point that I have enough pieces to do that I will. And when I actually have a 'store front' I'm sure it'll help people decide.

Great idea, not only lets others see examples of what you have done, but reminds you what you can do.

I don't have one . so i'll be happy to use that one Johanna. Thanks

**freak goes out and stands by the mailbox waiting**

Great ide Johanna...And I see some tri-weave stamps to die for on those samples *sigh* Who makes them, never seen them before?

I don't have one but I actually bought someone else's... It had a lot of different types of leather, different colors and finishes, so it gave me a lot of leather choices for my miniature work without having to buy entire hides.

It's a terrific idea.

How cool! A dinosaur stamp... Awesome!

I have sample rings for my 3D stamps and alphabets. I cut 5-6 oz strips long enough to hold one "theme" such as western or wild animals. I use the plain wire shower curtain rings to hold the strips. My wife uses a small notepad to write a customers order for a key fob or bookmark and puts the order on my work table. I don't put all the strips on one ring so more than one customer can be looking at a time.