Hilly

Hidecrafter

I just got an email from Hidecrafter. Are they "back in business" now? I looked through their website a little, and noticed that they now have prices listed on their website. I don't recall if they did before, or not. Last time I called in an order, they had discontinued over half of my items. I wonder if they have most of the stuff in their online catalog in stock???

I didn't know they went out of business. I ordered some tools and got them within a couple of days.

Whats their url?

www.hidecrafter.com????

I just got an email from Hidecrafter. Are they "back in business" now? I looked through their website a little, and noticed that they now have prices listed on their website. I don't recall if they did before, or not. Last time I called in an order, they had discontinued over half of my items. I wonder if they have most of the stuff in their online catalog in stock???

"they now have prices listed on their website." Are you just referring to the prices for the Barry King tools? those have been there for a while.

"they now have prices listed on their website." Are you just referring to the prices for the Barry King tools? those have been there for a while.

No, I mean on everything. I don't remember if they had prices listed on the website... I know they never listed them in their catalog. You got a seperate price list, and had to cross reference all the time. I wish their website had a way to purchase online... I wonder if they plan on making it possible?

My catalog have always had prices in them. The separate price sheet was for wholesale prices.

ArtS

My catalog have always had prices in them. The separate price sheet was for wholesale prices.

ArtS

Huh. The catalogs they always sent me never had prices in them. They've sent me several. The prices were on a separate paper stack, which had both wholesale and retail prices in it.

I sent Ron an email at Hidecrafters asking when a new cataloge is coming out and he replied "2 months" It has been 2 months for the last year. Makes me wonder whats going on. Seen Jeff Ballard, one of the owners at the Market in Denver in January and he said 2 months then also.

RC

I had talked to Eric not too long ago at Hide Crafters. They about have the updating on all the pricing done. they have their new logo on the website.

When pricing was changing they went to sending out catalogs with out the pricing in them and had an additional price sheets.

When the new owners took over, there were many changes. If you look through an old catalog and think about how many items are in it and having to talk with all the vendors of them to get things back fully stocked and current pricing on everything since everything from metals, petroleum products, leather went up as we all know. This all takes time to do. Plus all the new products that they want to offer. I think that all of this has taken more time than they expected it to. But I think that once it is out we will be pleased with what they have to offer and yes from what I understand they plan to offer on on line ordering.

Ron and everyone at Hide Crafters are a great bunch to work with and do business with.

Anne

I had talked to Eric not too long ago at Hide Crafters. They about have the updating on all the pricing done. they have their new logo on the website.

When pricing was changing they went to sending out catalogs with out the pricing in them and had an additional price sheets.

When the new owners took over, there were many changes. If you look through an old catalog and think about how many items are in it and having to talk with all the vendors of them to get things back fully stocked and current pricing on everything since everything from metals, petroleum products, leather went up as we all know. This all takes time to do. Plus all the new products that they want to offer. I think that all of this has taken more time than they expected it to. But I think that once it is out we will be pleased with what they have to offer and yes from what I understand they plan to offer on on line ordering.

Ron and everyone at Hide Crafters are a great bunch to work with and do business with.

Anne

:16: They are having growing pains. Be patient with them. It's hard getting absorbed or bought out, because new ownership means new way of doing business. With a new mayor, you don't expect the city to change overnight. They bring a lot of unique items to the table for some of us and I think they just need some time to work it out. I know that everybody wants it right now and that's just a function of our society (and high speed internet). Give 'em a chance.

Marlon