Hello, I just got this saddle in and would really like some info on it, such as age, and does anyone recognize the makers mark. It has the makers mark on both fenders. The original hardware seems to be brass (minus conchos) Has a 15" seat and supposedly an association tree. Makers mark reads A., C or S,U,L,L, possible E, then last letter of name seems to be an R. At the bottom, it reads Saddlery. Thank you for any help you can offer me.

Laura

Picture_050.jpg

post-6078-1204515635_thumb.jpg

Edited by hpfarms

If you could post a large picture of the stamp that would help. The link is ridiculously small and I can't make out anything.

Here is the MM, through my photobucket account.

Laura

fb6a_12.jpg

Could It be A Cullen instead of Culler

Barra

Yes, definitely it could be. Thanks for looking.

Laura

Laura,

The swells look more to me along the lines of Crosby or Campbell roper type tree. Not really an Association pattern. The low cantle and narrower Cheyenne roll suggests 1940s style, but that could go either way. I think I am seeing Al-Ray stirrup buckles. I am not sure how long they have been around, but know for sure they were around in at least the early 40s. I am striking out trying to match up any of the potential letter combinations on the worn makers stamp. At least the saddle and fender tooling matches. The fenders weren't scabbed off another saddle. The tooling pattern is pretty basic, and that style was used in several areas of the country. No real help there either. Sorry we aren't pinning down the maker for you. I have some feelers out, but nothing ringing any bells yet.

Oh, I really appreciate all the info and also the effort you have put into trying to figure this out. Thank you so very much.

Laura