Sign in to follow this  
colttrainer

First Rope Bag

Hi All

Been to busy to post since last fall. Been to busy to work leather getting back to it again. Completed this the other day, now have it in the sun, to get it to even out. Let me know what you have to say good or bad, I can take it all. I know what needs to be inproved on & what I would do different. Next one will be better, now that I am spending more time with leather,reading & looking at the great stuff here.

Thanks Al

100_0336.jpg

100_0334.jpg

100_0333.jpg

post-9640-126678284446_thumb.jpg

post-9640-126678289656_thumb.jpg

post-9640-126678294915_thumb.jpg

Edited by colttrainer

Al

Real NICE . I like it. Thanks for posting the pics. Hand or machine stitched? gotta know.

Happy tooling

Tim

Edited by TimKleffner

On the side with the team ropers, i would draw a circle or a oval and tool up to that then run my border. It will be smooth line instead of choppy line unless the choppy line look is what you were going for.

Edited by dirtclod

Man o'man that looks like a lot of work went into that rope can!

Having never seen one up close, may I ask what they are made of.( besides leather) and where do you get the parts if there are any?

Thanks

GrampaJoel

Tim it is hand stiched and poorly at that ( not my best hand stitch but to many feet to tear out & do again) next one will be done on a machine.

Dirtclod, I started out with the intention of it being a oval, but had a tooling issue, so opted to go abstract to hopefuly draw the untrained eye away from the mistake. I don't know if I succeded or not? I still focus on the problems.

Grandpajoel, sides are cut from 12oz utility sides, the gusset was split from some left over side I had, hence the lacing seam. All the metal parts are leather factory. desgned & cut all the pieces here.

Al