Mobeal

Pfaff Vs Mauser Spezial

Hi All,

I am planning to purchase a new Pfaff 335 for binding and a Pfaff 574 (double needle post bed).

I've had several conversations with Pfaff-industrial during my research and they keep recommending that I get the equivalent Mauser-Spezial machines instead of the Pfaffs.

According to them the Pfaff machines are now all made in China and the Mauser-Spezials are basically the same machines at a lower cost just without the Pfaff badges.

I am temped to save the money and go with the Mausers but really had my heart set on genuine Pfaffs.

If the difference is only the name plate, It might be silly to spend a whole lot more just for the Pfaff name.

Does anyone have any experience with the new Pfaff vs Mauser machines? Is there any reason to pay the extra money for the Pfaff name?

Any advice or insight would be appreciated.

Note: On the 1st of August 2010, Pfaff Industrial Machinery (Taicang) Co., Ltd. was purchased by the Tribonia Int. GmbH Germany and is now operating under the name of the well known industrial sewing machine manufacturer MAUSER SPEZIAL. The 1245 and 335 models are now branded Mauser Spezial same machines, same quality and warranty.

THANKS!

Edited by asimkarimov