olivier79

Two New Vids . The Making Of Two Bags Based On The Same Theme I Did Lately .

Me at work .

The make-of the Red No.376 in the O-Line

And the make-of the No.376 in the Companion Line

I enjoyed myself quite a lot during these two days of filming .

Hope you'll like it .

Thanks,

Olivier

Lovely videos. I was re-assured to see you using several tools that I use myself but, from the end result, I can see that you are way ahead of me. Inspiring to see what can be done. Thank you for sharing ;)

BTW I was surprised to see you punching into the leather on what looks like a polished granite slab. I can understand using a hard surface when skiving (for the blade to slide against) but surprised to see it used when punching holes. I normally punch on the end of a log, a piece of plywood or on one of those green self-healing cutting boards (resting on plywood) - in order to preserver the cutting edges.

Edited by Tannin

Gorgeous videos, and gorgeous work. I agree with Tannin; not only is it nice to see a better craftsman using some of the same tools and techniques, it's also nice to see what you do differently.

I know these videos are promotional, but as a member of the amateur community I really appreciate you sharing them. They help.

Very zen-like... something I struggle with. My work-space is chaos.

Hi Tannin ,

No , it only looks like but it's a simple soft plastic board . I bought it in a shop selling professional cooking items .

Don't worry you're not the first one that asks .

Thanks,

Olivier

Very zen-like... something I struggle with. My work-space is chaos.

Don't worry Grumpy , mine is a mess most of the time too . Especially when i'm having ( actually try to ) a new design on my mind .

It took me a whole day to clean it up before the shootings began .

Thanks,

Olivier

Thanks for the videos, very nice work!

Karina

Thanks for sharing, I'm inspired!!!

Thank you sir! That's artistry right there.

The videos are exceptional. High quality just like the items being made. Great job.

Great videos and great products. You've convinced me to start dying my chrome tanned edges. I was trying to decide if it was something people normally did.

Thanks everyone for your compliments .

Great videos and great products. You've convinced me to start dying my chrome tanned edges. I was trying to decide if it was something people normally did.

Hi Monica ,

Why did you think you shouldn't dye the edges ?

Thanks,

Olivier

Olivier, I thought only veg tanned could be dyed. I assumed that chrome tanned wouldn't take dye or something, because I've never heard anyone mention dying their chrome tanned edges. Maybe it just falls under the title "burnishing", and I had no idea!

Well , it does take dye BUT i prefer to dye them using either acrylic dyes or the new fiebing Dura edge .

If i use acrylic then i have to apply a different finishing process to smooth it and to protect it from rain .

The Dura is less demanding and offers a better result but it hasn't a lot of colors to choose from .

Overall , to burnish them i use these french heat burnishers instead of my cocobolo dremel burnishers : http://www.vergez-blanchard.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=3_995_G&type=40&code_lg=lg_fr&num=2

Somehow it gives me a better result .

Olivier .

Cool, thanks for the tips! I'll definitely try out some of the Dura.

Amazing work!