Scary Leatherworks

Thread Size Equivalent

I usually hand stitch with 7 cord waxed linen but I was wondering what the machine thread size would be for bonded nylon. is the 207 or 277 close to the same diameter or do I need to go bigger?

the equivalent of a 6 cord linen thread is a Tex 410, and for a 8 cord the equivalent is a Tex 600, so I'm guessing the 7 cord equivalent would be about a Tex510 if you can find it! Hope this helps some.

I usually hand stitch with 7 cord waxed linen but I was wondering what the machine thread size would be for bonded nylon. is the 207 or 277 close to the same diameter or do I need to go bigger?

Bigger, going on what I have 7 cord linen looks to be about size 415 (I use 7 cord waxed linen from Royalwood and bonded nylon from The Thread Exchange). The Thread Exchange has a size listing http://www.thethreadexchange.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TTE&Category_Code=nylon-thread-information

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Clair

Thanks for the replies. I was just trying to get an idea of what I may need. Just wanted to have an estimation on the size comparison of the 2 styles of thread.