Tina

Another project finished

This one just jumped from my workbench...Geezzz, I wish there was something I could do to make the braiding go quicker, I'm just to impatience I guess :head_hurts_kr:

Anyways, this notebook cover is around 11"x6" in size. As usually I use the spirit dyes and ontop is some High-Lite.

Edited by Tina

This one just jumped from my workbench...Geezzz, I wish there was something I could do to make the braiding go quicker, I'm just to impatience I guess :head_hurts_kr:

Anyways, this notebook cover is around 11"x6" in size. As usually I use the spirit dyes and ontop is some High-Lite.

Oh, I LOVE that swivel cut peacock! I mean, it's all gorgeous, but the peacock is awesome. Did you freehand that?

Beautiful!

What did you use for the braiding?

Gorgeous, Tina! Did you use Angelus dyes on this project, too? How does it hold up to light exposure?

Kate

Really nice Tina, great carving!

Wow! R-e-a-l-l-y nice. I really like your use of color and design. And that swivel knife work inside is great. A terrific looking piece!

Harvey

Tina... as usual: :notworthy:

The bird on the inside is just too much.

Oh, I LOVE that swivel cut peacock! I mean, it's all gorgeous, but the peacock is awesome. Did you freehand that?
Hi all,Now I can finally answer the questions...My hard drive said thanks and good by and now I'm up and running again.The pecock is not freehand, The back piece have one too and I needed them to be the same. This bird is from A Stohlmans book about inverted carvings.
Beautiful!What did you use for the braiding?
Hi, I used the calf lacing from Tandy, "Superior lace" I'm not sure I like it at all, it's a bit to thick, stiff and fragile for my taste.
Gorgeous, Tina! Did you use Angelus dyes on this project, too? How does it hold up to light exposure?Kate
Hi Kate and Great Thanks:-)I have not done a propper suntest on the dyes, maybe I should? Pieces I dyed a year ago looks the same but then, I can not say I have had them laying in the sun either.
Really nice Tina, great carving!
Thanks, Soo sweet of you:-)
Wow! R-e-a-l-l-y nice. I really like your use of color and design. And that swivel knife work inside is great. A terrific looking piece!Harvey
Great Thanks Harvey, it did come out better than I thought when I just had in on paper.
Tina... as usual: :notworthy: The bird on the inside is just too much.
Super Thanks Wolvie, nice seeing you back again:-)

Ohh lovely design on the front/back. I really like the border design with flower and beaautiful name logo. Someone mentioned the peacock and I can just agree, it is sooo good looking.

Tom

Ohh lovely design on the front/back. I really like the border design with flower and beaautiful name logo. Someone mentioned the peacock and I can just agree, it is sooo good looking.

Tom

Thanks Lil'Bro, always nice seeing your comments:-)

beautiful work tina, lucky people who get to be on your xmas list!!!

Tina, just like all your stuff, amazing! There's only one problem that I see though, you spelled my name wrong......lol

Amazing! Front to back inside and out. Very nice precise work.

Casey

beautiful work tina, lucky people who get to be on your xmas list!!!
Gee, Thanks Roo so much:-)
Tina, just like all your stuff, amazing! There's only one problem that I see though, you spelled my name wrong......lol
Well, like I say to hubby, I'm an alien so I'm allowed to spell like a crow:-)
Amazing! Front to back inside and out. Very nice precise work.Casey
Thanks Casey, soo glad you like it:-)

Tina, I just love this. You have done an exceptional job. The Peacock on the inside is just beautiful....well done.

Ken

Fantastic Tina, really nice work! I love the finger carved peacock!

Bob

Thanks Ken,

I don't take credit for the design, it's Al Stohlmans...

Thanks Bob

I hope to get much better at things like this in the future...Just need to practise:-)

I love the whole thing Tina but the two tone lacing blows me way!

Wonderful!!!!

William

I love the whole thing Tina but the two tone lacing blows me way!

Wonderful!!!!

William

Thank You William:-)

I tell you...Now when I got the hang of doing 2-tone, I even do the 1-color braiding the same way, it's much easier to me (and quicker...Might be an illusion?)

Just beautiful, Tina! :You_Rock_Emoticon: The extra effort on the lacing is well worth the time spent! If you start sewing instead of lacing I think I will be disapointed. :bawling: (But sewing is much faster... :) ) Great present - Lucky girl!

Crystal