AFTER ABOUT 4 HOUR THINKING I HAD JUST BOUGHT A PILE OF JUNK

NOT SEWING AT ALL / PUKKARING UP / PULLING THREAD OUT

I DID IT

THREADED THE NEEDLE THE WRONG WAY

LEFT TO RIGHT NOT RIGHT TO LEFT

KNOW IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM

ONE PROBLEM IT GO,S A LOT TOO FAST

SOMEONE SAID CHANGE THE PULLY ON THE CLUCH MOTOR FOR A SMALLER ONE

IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO SLOW IT DOWN ?

MORE QUICKIE,S

WOT IS THE BEST THREAD TO USE ?

THERE ARE TO MANY AND NOT KNOWING WHICH ONE TO USE

HOW TO MAKE LEATHER STIFFER?

FUSEABLE INTERFACE?

OR DOUBLE THICKNESS OF LEATHER GLUED TOGETHER

OR THE OTHER ONE IS TO BUY THICKER LEATHER

THE THING IS I HAVE JUST FOUND A JACKET MAKER THAT HAS GRADE 2

HIDES AND SIDES AND OFFCUTS BUT THE OFF CUTS ARE MORE LIKE FULL SIDE

THEY HAVE HOLES IN TOO THIN FOR HIM SCUFFS ON IT

HE HAD 30.000 SQ FOOT AT 10P A SQ FOOT SO I GOT THE LOT

I AM HOPING TO MAKE A MESSENGER BAGS

SCHOOL BAGS

AND 4 OR 5 HOLDALLS FOR MY HOLS

AND MAKE THINGS TO STOCK SHOP

MANY THACKS FOR ANY HELP OR ADVISE YOU CAN GIVE ME

BOB

Hello I am not a expert but I do know you can change the pulley to reduce the speed and I do know they make motors that go in variable speed.. And the best advice is everyone here on this site is very helpfull!!!!Good-luck,

Holly

Do yourself a favor and forget the speed reducer. Call Bob Kovar at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines and get a SewPro servo motor. I recently upgraded my Tacsew and I couldn't be happier... just make sure to get a shorter belt at the same time.

Q

WalletMan;

You typed your entire request in capital letters, making it very hard to understand. In Internet etiquette, typing in all capitals is considered SHOUTING and is generally regarded as unfriendly.

I see you live in the UK, not the USA, so importing a servo motor from here may not be cost effective. It's up to you if you want to pay the shipping, duty and VAT. A simple change of the pulley to a 50mm pulley and a shorter v-belt to match will probably slow down the action quite a bit. The amount of slowdown depends on what the diameter is of the existing motor pulley.

If you are going to sew leather handbags, bonded nylon thread is your best bet. You should purchase two spools of each colour (British spelling) you intend to use, in thread sizes T70 and T90. You will need leather point needles for your machine, in sizes 100, 110 and 120, and 130. This corresponds to our sizes 16, 18, 20 and 21.

If the soft leather is causing the machine to not feed it properly, consider changing to a roller foot. You can stiffen garment leather by doubling it up, but you just doubled your cost, plus the cost of the tape or glue. Some leather purses I repair have cardboard stiffeners between the outside leather and inside lining. Tandy Leather Co and various material suppliers have stiffener material, which is relatively cheap. You could also use heavy broadcloth or muslin as an inside layer, between the leather and lining.