Sign in to follow this  
Drac

question for mask makers

when making a mask, do you guys mold it, then cut the outside shape, or cut the outside shape then mold?

I will be watching this Drac. I was thinking about this, this morning too.

spider

with the first one I did, I molded it onto the form I was using then cut it, but I did that because of the shape I was going for and I stapled it down tightly like I was doing a seat. that won't work though if there's parts of the mask that extend though, I think. guess we'll find out.

hey guys, i always cut the eyes before molding and i also cut the outside shape, but this sometimes gets cut again or trimmed as the mask develops.. these damm masks seem to have a life of there own and sometimes they just need a haircut..

hmmm... and here I am thinkin' it's darren that needs the haircut... and a shave! LOL

hmmm... and here I am thinkin' it's darren that needs the haircut... and a shave! LOL

Be nice to Darren!

His beard looks better than mine (I have like a few spider legs comin out from under the chin when it grows long). :rofl:

Tom

Molding for me is basically the last step before dying - I cut all my holes and even bevel the edge before molding.