Ray Cory, otherwise known as Lobo Gun Leather, was kind enough to provide me with the pattern for this ingenious shoulder piece sometime back after a discussion on the subject. Fast forward some two years and I finally had a chance to put it into use not long ago.

The idea behind this rig is something to wear in the deer stand, on a four wheeler, horse, and otherwise just knocking around situations where I like to have a gun and prefer to have it off my belt. Certainly not a speed rig to deploy.

Straps are two layers of 3 oz veg tan lined that need to be shortened by 8-10" OAL to minimize the bulk. The butterfly panel is 8oz with a 4oz back panel, sheath is a lined double 3oz back with 6oz welt and 8oz front, along with a double 10oz holster and 8oz ties/water loops all around. With all the individual pieces it totals out at 23 pieces of leather and another 24 pieces of hardware! The stitch lines on this holster need to be critiqued along with a bit of cant to offset a negative cant from how it sits on me - but otherwise a very serviceable rig.

I've been wearing this a few days a week for around a month and it conceals well under a light jacked for me. May be another month before I get the harness to set just 'perfect' though :D

DSC_0847_zpsa1f06270.jpg
DSC_0850_zpsca4a807b.jpg
DSC_0858_zps3f80b5aa.jpg
DSC_0861_zps266262bc.jpg

That looks really slick! I love how everything matches, even the handles. Very nice looking!

Very Nice and like those grips too!

Great rig. Nicely done.

Looks like a beautiful serviceable rig! Nice job.

As others have said, . . . good looking rig, . . . good looking work.

Lobo definitely is one of the good guys, . . .

May God bless,

Dwight

There it is! The rig I've been searching for. Skinning knife on one side and a handgun on the other. Perfect for running a trap line from my four wheeler. Where do I buy the pattern?

Hey wait a minute, I can swear I've seen that somewhere else.

Beautiful job.

Good lookin' maple

Thanks for the compliments all! I should clarify that Ray was kind enough to supply the pattern for the center piece, aka the butterfly shoulder support. The rest you just kind of have to figure out.

Edited by Eaglestroker

Very good work.

Wow...very nice indeed...with the harness straps..so they total 6 Ounces?...i was thinking of doing something similar but I was toying with the idea of using something like 4 oz latigo or maybe even so suede...like the military boot scuff from SLC...

Also, would you mind sharing the pattern for the harness system?