Sign in to follow this  
leatheroo

basket weave on round project

Ok, so i feel really stupid asking this question...but i have a mental block trying to work this out...

i want to basketweave around something and the last time i did this the begining and end didnt work out right..i was either one set of holes short or one set too many!!!....is there a formula so this works out right...must the holes be an even number or does the basketweave need the total number of holes that can be divided by 4....??

thanks

Are you talking about using a basketweave tool around the edge or a basketweave stitch to sew it together?

If your talking about lacing then at Hidecrafters a couple of months ago we had a guild meeting over belt buckles and that subject was covered. I think that you had to have an even number of holes or you had to use a hole twice while lacing. Let me check my notes (if I jotted them down right) and I'll post an answer later this afternoon for you.

Damon.

Edited by Vikti

thanks...i am talking about basketweave lacing...

Sorry about the delay Roo! :blush: You owe me one good whomp up side the head with your favorite mallet.

Ok, the information I have is for a 2 color, double loop lacing. I hope it works for you, I still experiment with lacing so I'm not too sure how much if this applies to a basket weave. You need approx. 4 ft of lacing per 1 ft. of project and you need to either have an even number of holes or you need to double up on a hole. I see nothing that states anything about about the number of holes in the project needing to be divided by 4 or anything

I hope that this helps out.

Damon