northquabbin

Custom Maker's Stamp

I have ordered several from Tuffcase (some for myself, some for gifts for friends) I also have some from other makers.

The Tuffcase stamps are a great value. They will do the job you are looking for. they are not a "deep" stamping as others available but the others are 2X the cost.

Grey Ghost Graphics Makes a very good Delrin "plastic" stamp. Jeff will do custom work, I don't think you can get that from Tuffcase but I never asked them. http://www.greyghostgraphics.com/

One of the finest Maker Stamps I own is from Infinity stamps in Chatsworth CA. http://www.infinitystamps.com/ It is also the most expensive. But it is the Rolls Royce of stamps. The details are very crisp.

For a beginner stamp the Tuffcase will get you started, they will get your items branded with your name and as you improve move up to the GG graphics stamp, Jeff is super to work with and delivery is fast!

Hope this helps,

Hi Northquabbin,

Plastic stamps work very well and are significantly less money than metal ones. I also make them and you can find my shop here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/100831525/leather-bracelet-embossing-dies

If you have any questions about them, please feel free to send me an e-mail at: CustomMadeStuff@gmail.com

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm planing on getting one of your embossing die stamps soon. From what I can tell, your stamps are the same as what Tandy sells for $130. Don't get me wrong about Tandy. I think they are a great company that offers good stuff at a good price when on sale.

Carl

Hi Northquabbin,

Plastic stamps work very well and are significantly less money than metal ones. I also make them and you can find my shop here:

https://www.etsy.com...-embossing-dies

If you have any questions about them, please feel free to send me an e-mail at: CustomMadeStuff@gmail.com

Thanks

Steve

If you like to have a good stamp made from metal I suggest Philips Engravings ( http://www.phillipsengraving.com/Leather_Stamps.html ) Only $44 with the plate back that fits Tandy's handle.

I'm just a happy cutomer and I know we're more happy customers here on the forum too :-)

If you like to have a good stamp made from metal I suggest Philips Engravings ( http://www.phillipse...her_Stamps.html ) Only $44 with the plate back that fits Tandy's handle.

I'm just a happy cutomer and I know we're more happy customers here on the forum too :-)

I also like the one I have from Philips. It's a flat plate made of magnesium, I use my 1-ton arbor press to make the impression.

However, I'm liking Steve's , I may have to give him a shout.

I just got mine in from Steve at CustomMadeStuff.

I ordered it Tues and came in the mail today.

Steve furnished me a proof of it before he made it of course, and it has turned out perfect.

Great customer service and the price can't be beat.

It's Delrin, but I believe it makes as good of an impression as the metal ones I have.

Thanks Steve!!

post-4803-058216900 1340986704_thumb.jpg

Hi there...

for what it's worth my stamp from Steve is in the mail..I told him it will probably get here when I'm gone on vacation in Miami!!!

Now...He's biting his nails hoping he's right... deadsubject.gif I'll check with the post this week...tell me what you think I could do with it...trust me I've got a few ideas...brainbleach.gif whistle.gif

post-32345-073122900 1341963487_thumb.jp

I also like the one I have from Philips. It's a flat plate made of magnesium, I use my 1-ton arbor press to make the impression.

However, I'm liking Steve's , I may have to give him a shout.

I am looking to have a stamp made and was wondering if you could post a picture of a piece stamped with one of Phillips stamps?

Also does steve have a website? Having trouble finding it.

Thank you for your help,

James

I am looking to have a stamp made and was wondering if you could post a picture of a piece stamped with one of Phillips stamps?

Thank you for your help,

James

I don't know about Steve's web site, I worked with him via his email which is posted above...here is Phillip's stamp:

post-4803-013267100 1346265713_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your help,

James

He doesn't really have a website. Just the etsy store listed above, and his Artfire store (http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/CustomMadeStuff), but he's easier to reach by email.

Edited by WinterBear

Hi there,

We provides precised CNC engraved custom stamp with any design of yours. We can accommodate almost any size you desire. Price starts from only $38 within 10cm2 size.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LWleatherworks?section_id=10477761

And we are fast! We ship within 3-5 days or next working day for rush orders!

You could send us your design (AI vector or high resolution JPG) to calvin@lwleathers.com so we can discuss how we can help!

Cheers,

Calvin

www.lwleathers.com

Custom Stamps - Branding Tools - Heat Embossing

In regards to shipping I know Infinity ship out side the US and Phillips dont, what about the rest? The Etsy stores mention only an estimate within the US.

In regards to shipping I know Infinity ship out side the US and Phillips dont, what about the rest? The Etsy stores mention only an estimate within the US.

We ship worldwide!

I'll be in the market for a maker stamp in 2013 and I'm going with Infinity stamps, simply b/c they made a custom set of american typewriter font letter stamps (upper case only) for me a couple of years back that I'm extremely pleased with. The size of my letter stamps is slightly larger than 1/8" but I'm amazed at how sharp the stamped letters look. My maker stamp will need to be less than 1/2" in width, so I know Infinity will be able to handle making something that small.

Rickybobby, who posted in on page one, is absolutely correct in that you will definately pay top dollar when ordering from Infinity. The upside is that they do really good work, use quality materials, have excellent customer service and provide you with multiple proofs (to ensure that you get exactly what you want) to approve before they create your stamps.

I got a .75" x .63" stamp made from Buckeye Stamps. Took a couple weeks, and their customer service was a little unresponsive, but I'm really pleased with the stamp. It was also significantly cheaper than infinity stamps.

stamp.png

I have one from Buckeye also, they told me I could stamp on wood with it...never tried, I'll just take their word for it.

Rayban and kylecrumrine, thanks for the heads up on buckeye. I hoping that infinity gives me a deal on the maker stamp as I'll also have a set of lower case alphabet stamps (to match my upper case) made on the same order. If infinity doesn't cut me a deal than I'll checkout buckeye for my maker stamp.

Calvin from "lwleathers" did mine and i am very happy with the product, the service , the comunication and the cost !!! I got two of them and i am planning on getting few more

I am using it in my Tandy press with an adaptor to stamp my products

282760_3378498216587_1462296196_n.jpg