Sign in to follow this  
emmab1973

Help! Leather Buckle Closure Needed.

Hi,

Complete newbie here, who, apart from sewing suede, is not a leather worker!!!!

I am trying to find a leather buckle closure to use with my suede cloaks, with no luck. The sort of thing I am after is the sort of buckle closure you get on arm braces and vanguards. Ideally around 4" long, with a basic buckle in the middle. Can any one tell me if these items have a specific name, and if they know of a UK seller that isn't too expensive?

Many thanks!

Emma.

Hi Emma,

I have exactly what you need and have used them on a number of cloaks. Drop me a PM with a phone number and I'll gladly give you a call.

Ray

Hi,

I am trying to find a leather buckle closure to use with my suede cloaks, with no luck. The sort of thing I am after is the sort of buckle closure you get on arm braces and vanguards. Ideally around 4" long, with a basic buckle in the middle. Can any one tell me if these items have a specific name, and if they know of a UK seller that isn't too expensive?

Many thanks!

Emma.

Hi,

Many thanks!

Emma.

Emma,

If I presume right, you're after a buckle attached to a leather strap and also a second leather strap, that fits into the buckle, with holes in it.

I know some dress-making shops and fabric/zip suppliers do them as pre-packaged as a set.

You may want to try kilt makers as they supply these for attaching kilts and there may be something similar available from coach and harness makers as they use a similar fitting on the aprons used by coach drivers.

You could always try a local saddler and see if he'll make some up for you as, there, you should get a choice of buckle and leather.

Hope that helps.

If I can find any sites that do these I'll post them here.

Gary

Emma,

If I presume right, you're after a buckle attached to a leather strap and also a second leather strap, that fits into the buckle, with holes in it.

I know some dress-making shops and fabric/zip suppliers do them as pre-packaged as a set.

You may want to try kilt makers as they supply these for attaching kilts and there may be something similar available from coach and harness makers as they use a similar fitting on the aprons used by coach drivers.

You could always try a local saddler and see if he'll make some up for you as, there, you should get a choice of buckle and leather.

Hope that helps.

If I can find any sites that do these I'll post them here.

Gary

Thanks Gary, that's exactly what I need, and Ray has very kindly been in touch about some!

Regards,

Emma.