hockeykspiky

Hermes Togo

http://www.spottedfashion.com/2013/10/08/hermes-leather-name-reference-guide/

Describes the various leathers being used by them plus pictures of the calf and goatskins to help you identify it. The Togo bag you are asking about is made from baby calf leather with a pebbled finish.

Since they are selling bags for 20k to over 100k.... I would seriously doubt you can buy the same leather hides they use. I think it is safe to say that what they buy is sold exclusively to them because of their demand for large volumes of high end calf and goat hide. It also appears they do a lot in house to their hides to achieve that look.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/leatherwise/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Carries a large variety of embossed calf, sheep, pig and lambskin.

Edited by barehandcustoms

Did you end up finding this leather? I am looking for it also but its almost impossible to get in the US from what I have searched. Perlinger in Germany is the Tannery who supplies it to Hermes but they dont have a US distributor that Im aware of. The hide house website has a few similar types of leather but not exactly the same...the "aniline cowhide" leather they have comes in a varitey of colors and has a simialr shrunken pattern

Leather stores in asia and france carry it but its very pricey to have shipped.

We need a few new tanneries in the US to produce some leather comparable to these luxurious leathers. Goat & calf if anyone is listening! ;)

Edited by thefanninator

Did you end up finding this leather? I am looking for it also but its almost impossible to get in the US from what I have searched. Perlinger in Germany is the Tannery who supplies it to Hermes but they dont have a US distributor that Im aware of. The hide house website has a few similar types of leather but not exactly the same...the "aniline cowhide" leather they have comes in a varitey of colors and has a simialr shrunken pattern

Leather stores in asia and france carry it but its very pricey to have shipped.

I haven't found it in the US. I know some stores in China carry it, but the color choices are quite limited. Maybe we can do a bulk order and that may even out the shipping cost.

I haven't found it in the US. I know some stores in China carry it, but the color choices are quite limited. Maybe we can do a bulk order and that may even out the shipping cost.

This could be a possibility. I think A and A crack and sons may carry it but they also charge a lot to ship to the US. Not sure on the exact rates though.

Also if you are familiar with Chester Mox he makes wallets and such and uses a lot of shrunken calf. You could ask him where he gets it from and he may tell you.

What other leathers are you guys using that you are able to get your hands on? Curious what other people like and if they have any good contacts for the materials. I can get Annonay french calf from a lady in the US shipped for only a few dollars but the price per SF is very high.

btw just went onto A&A crack site. This Weinheimer London Calf looks pretty amazing as well. Wish we had a store like this in the US

Its 18 per square foot from Annonay and 15 after 5 skins right? I think thats a good price since the price of shipping from france or italy is already calculated. Any one know the real square foot price is if you were able to buy it from the tannery?

Im interested in Japanese leathers, however there isn't any that openly sell on the web.

Also hard to find leather trade shows information and where they gather.

Its 18 per square foot from Annonay and 15 after 5 skins right? I think thats a good price since the price of shipping from france or italy is already calculated. Any one know the real square foot price is if you were able to buy it from the tannery?

Im interested in Japanese leathers, however there isn't any that openly sell on the web.

Also hard to find leather trade shows information and where they gather.

Yes around $18. I didnt get the price on 5 or more skins so Im not sure. Agree I don't think the price is terrible if you include the shipping.

If I was selling more items on a consistent basis I would have no problem buying 5 or more but at the moment Im not busy. Hopefully soon!