276ccm

Veg. Tanned Leather In Spain

Hi, does anyone have any suggestion on where to get veg. tanned leather in spain.. I´m sure there are a lot and they have tanneries, but so far I´m out of luck.. I have contacted a few companies in Igualada, which is famous for their leather, but the places I have found, doesn't sell veg. tanned leather..

I´m mostly interested in Barcelona, Catalonia area, but anywhere goes.. :-)

Hi

This guy sells veg tan mail order, he's in Oviedo Asturias http://www.joman.net/presentacion.htm he also stocks Fiebing Pro Oil dyes at a reasonable price.

To be honest I've not been too satisfied with the quality of the veg tan I've found here in Spain. I've also bought from Tandy in Jerez and from

another small shop in Elda Alicante.

I now order mine from the UK and swallow the shipping costs. At least the quality of the leather is where I want it to be.

Cheers

Zip

Thanks for your reply "El Zipster" :-)

It´s a start.. I´m a little sceptical oredering leather online.. I have done it one time from a so called serious dealer in Norway, and the piece I got was really cr.. so I had to get in the car and return it. I always like to feel the leather I buy. Now I have my local store here, and it´s really nice to go and pick the pieces.. but I´m about to move to Spain, so I really need to find a dealer as close to Barcelona or Igualada as possible. It´s about 30 min to an hour from where I´m moving, Sitges.

I have heard different stories about leather from Tandy (no experience my self) and friends which have tested the Hermann Oak, says it´s "nothing" compared to what we get here, without knowing exactly which tannery they come from at the moment, so this is more difficult than I thought hehe

I´ve heard Igualada is famous for their quality and many tanneries, but I haven't had any luck finding anyone that sells veg tanned leather.. yet.

My gf have some family in Alicante, so we could always go there for a weekend and shop, but.. it´s nice to have a local place, if possible.

I found a store in Barcelona, and I emailed them before I went there, and they said they could get anything i needed, so I went there, and they had more or less nothing, and still waiting after 3 - 4 months for getting back to me when they got it..

Thanks a lot again for your reply, its bookmarked, and if anyone else know other places too, it will be much appreciated :-)

Hi, I can suggest this store http://www.curtidosmarquez.es/ in Caceres. I lived there for months and I have bought a lot of pieces of leather and even a whole cow hide, very good quality. The prices were honest, 131euro for a 3mm hide.

Thanks a lot! :-)

I´m getting closer hehe I appreciate any info on leather stores and tanneries in Spain that might have veg tanned leather :-)

Vachetta is from Spain. I personally don't know which tannery . Suppose to be one of the best vegetable tanned leathers used in luxury brands. The price is probably really high though might be worth it if you need really high quality.

Wickett and Craig is from USA, used by louis vuitton. Reasonable prices. Shipping by UPS Air cost somewhere near 5 or 10 percent for bond fees and a few other fees that aren't too much plus shipping costs. Most of these fees can be waived if you call UPS to prepay by credit card all duties and taxes.

Edited by DavidL

Does anyone have suggestions for buying Pueblo leather in Spain?  All I can find is in the UK, nothing in Italy, where the hides are tanned?  Help appreciated!

On 10/13/2014 at 5:30 AM, 276ccm said:

Hi, does anyone have any suggestion on where to get veg. tanned leather in spain.. I´m sure there are a lot and they have tanneries, but so far I´m out of luck.. I have contacted a few companies in Igualada, which is famous for their leather, but the places I have found, doesn't sell veg. tanned leather..

I´m mostly interested in Barcelona, Catalonia area, but anywhere goes.. :-)

This is a new website that I met through Facebook and bought a natural cowboy croup and the truth is that the quality is very good for the price. https://www.artesanofactory.com/

El 17/10/2020 a las 18:14, VickiLB dijo:

¿Alguien tiene alguna sugerencia para comprar cuero Pueblo en España? Todo lo que puedo encontrar es en el Reino Unido, nada en Italia, donde se curten las pieles. ¡Ayuda apreciada!

El 13/10/2014 a las 5:30, 276ccm dijo:

Hola, ¿alguien tiene alguna sugerencia sobre dónde conseguir verduras? cuero curtido en españa .. Estoy seguro de que hay muchos y tienen curtidurías, pero hasta ahora no tengo suerte .. He contactado con algunas empresas en Igualada, que es famosa por su cuero, pero los lugares donde encontrado, no vende verduras. piel curtida..

Estoy principalmente interesado en Barcelona, área de Cataluña, pero a cualquier lado va .. :-)

This is a new website that I met through Facebook and bought a natural cowboy croup and the truth is that the quality is very good for the price. but is in spanish...

https://www.artesanofactory.com/

On 10/17/2020 at 6:14 PM, VickiLB said:

Does anyone have suggestions for buying Pueblo leather in Spain?  All I can find is in the UK, nothing in Italy, where the hides are tanned?  Help appreciated!

If you're still looking, this italian dealer carries Badalassi Pueblo:

https://buyleatheronline.com/en/badalassi-carlo/400-badalassi-pueblo-veg-tan-shoulder.html

In fact I just got a beautiful piece of Pueblo from them two days ago. 

Hello, our tannery is in IGUALADA (BCN) we are working in a new e-commerce to sell leather online. Europe shipping.

More than 85 years of experience in the tanning sector, specialized in vegetable tanning. Artesano Factory has the purpose that both small companies and artisans can buy quality leather directly from our factories.   www.artesanofactory.com