Sign in to follow this  
CustomDoug

Korean Supplier Frustrations ..

There are about three different Korean based websites that I keep coming back to that have items that I would like to buy. For some reason these websites have like half of everything printed on the screen in English and the other half (descriptions, specifications, prices) printed in Korean text. There is no place on these sites to switch countries, like you often see on websites from European based suppliers say. The other thing, is that at some of these sites (all maybe?) you can not 'highlight' the text at all to do a 'copy and paste' language translation somewhere else (using a language translation website).

Anyone know the Korean money unit you'd use to convert to US dollars? How's the dollar compared to theirs?

I translated a note and sent it via email to an address that was written in english on one of the sites (which is strange to me), about some goatskins, and the reply I got back was very friendly and he confirmed that international shipping is possible and he'd send me a paypal invoice after I told him what I wanted to purchase. But I can not read the full descriptions, so I'm reluctant to go forward (what weight leather, sq. footage, etc.).. plus I haven't looked into pricing.

Here's a site (not the one I mentioned above) that has several items that I want, things that I have not been able to find elsewhere.. It looks absolutely legit (to me) but see what I mean about the site and info in mixed languages. Is there anyone in Korea or who knows the language, or who's purchased anything from there - that can offer any insight? Here's that one site:

http://handon.co.kr/front/php/category.php?cate_no=1

Doug C

you can check most dollar exchange rates at xe.com

ROFL .. They sell FRICKING IRONS.

You can find a Korean Won converter here: http://coinmill.com/KRW_calculator.html

Google Chrome has a translation feature, and I think some other browsers do as well. It may be helpful, but don't expect TOO much of them.

Hope that helps

Bill