JerseyFirefighter

Harley Davidson Themed Hardware?

Hey folks,

Anyone know where I can get some Harley inspired hardware. Particularly containing the logo. I keep seeing emblems like the picture below but cannot find a source for it. Thanks!

LTUCPsg.jpg

or this...

hdmbt10004-3.jpg

Edited by JerseyFirefighter

I just put some wing HD conches up last night. Here is the link.

I just put some wing HD conches up last night. Here is the link.

Thanks for the heads up! I dont think those will suit my purpose (unlesss they are somewhat malleable). Someone's looking for a custom harley dog collar and the 2 1/4" length most likely will stick out when bent around the neck. A long shot, but if you happen to have anything around 1"-1.5" id be all over it. Thanks again.

Selling work with any brand logo is a tread lightly and do your research first topic.

From what i understand, harley has a pretty strong view about knock off hardware and brand licensing. They KNOW putting their brand on stuff increases the value. They want a piece of the pie.They have aggressive lawyers just for this. I would be careful if you are selling things with their logo.

For instance, it is probably ok to buy a harley belt buckle from them and attach it to a plain belt and sell it, but not ok to tool the logo onto the leather.

One-off items for gifts and personal use are probably safe as well. Advertising these items, not so safe.

Buying old licensed gear and repurposing the hardware may be ok. For instance, is it ok to inlay an embroidered logo cut out of a vintage jacket and sell it? What about reusing the buttons? Who knows? This is why corporations pay lawyers bigbux, to know this stuff.

Do some research just in case before you advertise this kind of work. It can't hurt and it may save your butt.

Selling work with any brand logo is a tread lightly and do your research first topic.

From what i understand, harley has a pretty strong view about knock off hardware and brand licensing. They KNOW putting their brand on stuff increases the value. They want a piece of the pie.They have aggressive lawyers just for this. I would be careful if you are selling things with their logo.

For instance, it is probably ok to buy a harley belt buckle from them and attach it to a plain belt and sell it, but not ok to tool the logo onto the leather.

One-off items for gifts and personal use are probably safe as well. Advertising these items, not so safe.

Buying old licensed gear and repurposing the hardware may be ok. For instance, is it ok to inlay an embroidered logo cut out of a vintage jacket and sell it? What about reusing the buttons? Who knows? This is why corporations pay lawyers bigbux, to know this stuff.

Do some research just in case before you advertise this kind of work. It can't hurt and it may save your butt.

Thanks for the insight. This is just a one off that an acquaintance was looking for. I have no intention on marketing or reproducing it. Being that I found those items for sale on different sites, I figured there would have been somewhere that may sell the emblems. Im not too crazy about taking emblems and converting them to be attached to something. If there's a premade concho or rivet out there i'd love to buy it for this person.

Thanks for the heads up! I dont think those will suit my purpose (unlesss they are somewhat malleable). Someone's looking for a custom harley dog collar and the 2 1/4" length most likely will stick out when bent around the neck. A long shot, but if you happen to have anything around 1"-1.5" id be all over it. Thanks again.

Just FYI, these are quite malleable. I have made some wide 8" wristbands and they easily bend to the radius of the closed band so I'm pretty sure it will work on a longer collar.

These are pretty old and acquired as part of an auction a few years back.

Just FYI, these are quite malleable. I have made some wide 8" wristbands and they easily bend to the radius of the closed band so I'm pretty sure it will work on a longer collar.

These are pretty old and acquired as part of an auction a few years back.

Outstanding. Thank you!