bigwill23

Embossing Rolls

Hello. I have a tandy embossing machine and I would like to buy more rolls for it but I can't seem to find any. The only place that I have found them is on ebay and the pickings there are slim. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I have attached a picture of the machine that I have. Thanks post-55062-0-56477800-1448265841_thumb.j

Those are some nice looking rolls but you may be right that they are too large. The largest one I have is 1 5/8" diameter and it 'just' has enough clearance for the strap.

Embossing rolls are getting hard to find. Tippman Industrial discontinued their embosser, but still list a few rolls on their site. Tandy recalled all of their machines and rolls earlier this year and no longer offers them. Last time I checked, they were not gong to offer them.

Bunkhouse Tools (http://www.shop.bunkhousetools.com/Embossing-Wheels_c3.htm) has a HUGE selection of embossing wheels at very reasonable prices. They are polyurethane rather than brass, and the web page states that they are only made exclusively for the Bunkhouse Embossing machine. However they have the same internal diameter as the Tandy embosser; you just need to check the overall sizes and you should find some to fit. I have used these wheels for some time and they leave a very crisp imprint provided that your leather is properly cased.
You should also check out their Mini Embosser which takes the smaller brass wheels from Tandy (http://www.tandyleather.com.au/en/product/craftool-pro-embossing-wheel-leaf), currently 8 designs and http://www.tandyleather.com.au/en/product/craftool-embossing-wheels,6 designs.
Cheers,
Lois

Edited by impulse

I also have the Tandy machine and can't find wheels for it. One would think someone would make the wheels to fit that machine. I think the problem is, if a shop sets up to make something like that it takes too much time to do the set up for just a small number of wheels. I did fine a man in Bulgaria who makes them but it takes a long tine to get them. His work is good and I like what he does. You should be able to fins him on Etsy. His name is Sergey Neskromniy. Matter of fact, I have an extra one of his wheels that got lost in shipping and he made me another one. The day after the replacement arrived the lost one was delivered after five months of ewaiting for it. So,  If you are interested in that obe it's a great wheel. Solid brass and does a very nice emperssion.  I have attached a photo of a belt made with it. 

05.jpg