Good hardware is so much easier to install and finishes up so much better.

This week I finished up the last of my "black" Line 24 caps and today arrived my order of DOT Govt black caps. The difference is day and night.

Not only did these have a real 'black' finish but they looked great after being set AND they actually stayed straight. My Line 24 caps would end up cock-eyed to one side or the shaft would split if I rapped the punch too hard. Not these DOT puppies.

I've been using DOT for over a year for the other parts of the snaps and I loved them, but I didn't want to waste the huge supply of Line 24 I had so I didn't buy new stuff until they were gone. Hey, you gotta scrimp and hold as much money in the account for as long as possible!

I guess I sound like an infomercial but nay, just a happy worker on a Friday afternoon with an order that can go out tomorrow on schedule.

Carry on :cheers:

+1 to the real thing. I still have a few regular caps also...but now I am spoiled. Will probably never use them, at least not for my customers.

Carl

Anyone have a source for small quantities of the DOT snaps? It's been a while, but the last time I checked the order minimum was more than I'm interested in.

Anyone have a source for small quantities of the DOT snaps? It's been a while, but the last time I checked the order minimum was more than I'm interested in.

I looked around but never found another. They required a $50 minimum order (before shipping). I had to fluff my order but I had no choice since I needed those caps.

I would suggest several folks get together and make one big order. I don't think Scoville will separate shipping so someone will have to be the main guy and distribute the order when it all arrives.

Quality makes such a difference, doesn't it? Having good quality materials, good tools and good hardware is so worth while. 'Funny thing is you can tell some people that until your blue in the face and they will never get it.

For everyone that is reading these forums:

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST AND LEARN THE LESSON MONICA IS TRYING TO CONVEY TO YOU!!! SPENDING THE EXTRA MONEY ON QUALITY IS WORTH IT!!!

Zack White sells Dot Snaps. They only sell sets so you will get all 4 pieces and they only sell them in silver. They end up being around $15 per dozen sets. Here is the link http://www.eleatherworks.com/home.php?cat=901

Carl

Hi Shorts, BOOMSTICKHolsters, and everyone else, hope all is well. Tim at Zack White Leather is one of the good guys in our industry and will go out of his way for you. I agree...Quality is job one! Not only with products, but with everything else that goes into running a business. "Credibility is to valuable to risk losing". These are the words of my father. Thanks, Steve

Zack White's appear to be the Pull the Dot snaps. . . It looks like Perfect Fit sells the regular snaps in 100 packs [hmm, I'm not sure how the self-piercing would work]. . . if you wanted to avoid the $50 minimum from DOT.

Perfect fit also sells the Hoover Press-N-Snap for about $100. And yes, it sets the snaps very nicely!

Micah

Tim at Zack White Leather is one of the good guys in our industry and will go out of his way for you.

I completely agree. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Tim and the rest of the staff at Zach White.

Carl

What color and quantity are you looking for?

Parachute Equipment Corp carries black. Not sure if they are the same as 'government black' or even DOT. Their minimum order is $25 which gets you 32 sets. here is a direct link: http://www.paraequip.com/index.cfm/product/496/pull-the-dot-snaps.cfm.

Just a follow-up on my recommendation. I received the Pull-The-Dot snaps from the site I mentioned above. Shipping was very slow - about 2 weeks but they are in fact DOT fasteners. Full sets at $0.80 per set.

Just joined the forum today. Lots of great information here. I love it.

I am also looking for pull the dot snaps and will use the links here.

I have regular line 24 snaps and the Tandy hand setter kit . Will this work with the DOT snaps?

check out Seattlefabrics.com

they have the "durable dot" snaps. iirc, they are the same size as the "pull the dots" i got some SS from them.

they sell em by the set so order as many as you want.

Just joined the forum today. Lots of great information here. I love it.

I am also looking for pull the dot snaps and will use the links here.

I have regular line 24 snaps and the Tandy hand setter kit . Will this work with the DOT snaps?

It will work. That is what I use for my DOT snaps.

Carl

It will work. That is what I use for my DOT snaps.

Carl

Thanks. I'll try them as soon as I get some.