Sign in to follow this  
Eaglestroker

First *successful* Exotic

I've been playing with a new snap on pancake for a few weeks now and after testing my ragged prototype I decided to make a 'new and improved' prototype, then I decided to overkill it. I've tried an overlay twice and neither were pretty but this inlay turned out pretty well for a first attempt. The holster is for my 3" 696 44 special, certainly room for improvement but there always is. The elephant is cognac from Springfield with a black antique on top to tone down the color some. Critiques welcome as always.

post-19170-0-28833000-1371502419_thumb.j

post-19170-0-02518400-1371502421_thumb.j

post-19170-0-15413200-1371502424_thumb.j

post-19170-0-85124100-1371502425_thumb.j

Edited by Eaglestroker

Looks nice Eagle. I see folks using the double snaps on that style of holster, for looks or?

Nice Job! the elephant is very classy without being overwhelming like some exotics.

Looks good! Its always fun trying to lay out the stitch and cut lines for that style of inlay lol.

That looks really nice, great job!

Thanks Josh!

That is very nice. One of these days I am going to give that style of holster a try.

It took me a while to get to it, but I'm already hooked on it.

Looks nice Eagle. I see folks using the double snaps on that style of holster, for looks or?

Thanks Jake. My first mock up was for a model 64 probably a year ago, light little snub. The single snap wanted to rotate on me, the double stays locked in place and you have a 'back up' if one were to come undone. I intially planned to use PTD snaps but after wearing it around I found them unnecessary and bulkier for my needs. Everyone is different I'm sure.

Nice Job! the elephant is very classy without being overwhelming like some exotics.

I agree! I would really like to mess with some buffalo/bicen but have been weary of what I've found.

Looks good! Its always fun trying to lay out the stitch and cut lines for that style of inlay lol.

I was hoping and praying i'd left enough material for the stitching not to blow out the side when I was sewing the liner and inlay down. The hardest part for me was lining up the piece I cut and trimmed out of the center, with the elephant glued to it, into the 'window' of the inlay. It turned out pretty well. I also had to skive the liner out of the wings to reduce the overal thickness in that area.