lazyatack

How Do I Make Decretive Bronc Halters?

I want to make decretive Leather Bronc Halter nose bands, with hide, rhinestones, spots, & more.

I'd like to use multiple or different hides, leathers such as stingray, embossed leathers.

Can anyone help with patterns, & how to sew hides on?

What tools & materials will I need, and where to get them?

Any help would be so appreciated!

I've attached some samples of what I'd like my projects to look like.

Thanks,

Andrea

post-30167-0-13666400-1352234374_thumb.j

post-30167-0-98652400-1352234381_thumb.j

I would would go by a leather dealer close to you, Tandy or another one. There are several books out there at Tandy on hand stitching and braiding. I do not know if there is anything on tack patterns or not. That would get you started and then adding the inlays and spots would be pretty easy once you have a basic pattern down. If you need to find a nose band you like and trace it out and adjust it from there.Hope this helps a little bit and good luck.

David

I'm flattered that your a fan, but maybe ask me before using my work as your profile pic. I work very hard to keep my stuff unique and don't want my pics all over the place without giving credit to who made them.. Graham Equine

I'm flattered that your a fan, but maybe ask me before using my work as your profile pic. I work very hard to keep my stuff unique and don't want my pics all over the place without giving credit to who made them.. Graham Equine

I am a huge fan :) I'm really sorry, a friend sent me the picture without knowing who's line it was. I really love it and want to make my own. I dont want to copy yours just want to learn how to make them. I'm glad now I know who's awesome work this is. You have a great eye for unique work.

I would love any tips you could give me to start my own leather workshop. I again am just wanting to start as a hobby, and wouldnt steal or copy ideas. I was just trying to use the picture as examples of what I am interested in doing, so people could tell me what tools and materials I would need.

Again I'm really sorry.

No big deal... I'm glad that I can inspire others to join the craft, was just suprised me to find my pic being used by someone else. This forum is a great resource for learning,, I ask a lot of questions in here too.... You can always send me an email.

Thank you so much. You are awesome! :)

I would love anything you would be willing to share... tools, materials, machines, & etc. I have no idea where to start. I just love the art and you totally have inspired me to start.

I own my own horses and would love to make their tack.

My fater-n-law gave me a bunch of stamping tools and I really want to put them to use.

I'd love to email you and pick your brain. My email is lazyatack@yahoo.com if you ever have free time ;)

Thank you so much, & again I'm sorry for using your picture.

I hope you dont mind me asking you 1000 questions lol

I would would go by a leather dealer close to you, Tandy or another one. There are several books out there at Tandy on hand stitching and braiding. I do not know if there is anything on tack patterns or not. That would get you started and then adding the inlays and spots would be pretty easy once you have a basic pattern down. If you need to find a nose band you like and trace it out and adjust it from there.Hope this helps a little bit and good luck.

David

Thanks David,

Any info helps :)