JLD

Wanted To Buy: Hand Cranked Leather Edge Creasing Machine

Hi I am after a second hand leather edge creaser the sort with rollers with the various widths on it.

I don't need a motorised one just a hand turned one.

Regards

Johanne

Hi,

Surely someone can help me with this??? If you don't have one for sale could you let me know if you hear of one please..

Johanne

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about ... maybe others don't as well? A picture of something like it might help.

Bill

Billy,

This is a picture of Weaver's version. In the past a few companies made these. Those versions had either a wood or steel bottom roller and put a single or dbouled crease line down each edge of the strap. Some were domed to crown the straps as well.

post-29-0-27721300-1408858743_thumb.png

Gotcha Bruce. Thanks! I have seen something like that on ebay on occasion, but never quite knew what I was seeing.

Bill

Thank you for the picture Bruce appreciated. Please I would love if some one could find me one.

Johanne

Johanne,

A few things that are going on over here with them. I am batting about 25% getting one shipped to me without it being broken. The last was packed like a bug in a rug but the postal service dropped the box on the end. Accordioned the end of the box (which they admit) and denied payment because the damage was from "shock" which they don't cover. If nothing pokes through the box, they call it shock damage and at least for this denied it and again on two appeals. The only recent one that got here without being broken was part of a shop deal and it was pitted beyond use.

The other thing is the price has really dropped on them in some areas. A lot of the harness is going to Beta and the demand for creasers has dropped. The guys that hit the Midwest auctions said that creasers are not worth the guys bringing them and they are not showing up like they used to. That ought to mean there are some just sitting, but I am not seeing them out here and with my track record I am not seeking them out either.

Try Aaron Martin Harness in Canada, I sold him 3 many years ago. I bet they are under the bench waiting for a buyer. Biothane is taking over that market.

Thanks Steadybrook,

I just wrote to Aaron and if you come across one Bruce please let me know. Biothane Yuk why would you want bridles etc made from that :(

Thanks for your help