Sign in to follow this  
harrington

Saddle #2 Started

post-17973-067936800 1313377162_thumb.jpFinished the all leather ground seat and put on the rigging plates today. It's on a Timberline Ray Hunt Wade tree, Watt hardware and Hermann Oak skirting. Will be a good, basic, rough-out cowboy saddle when done. Edited by harrington

did you design the rigging pattern?

I took my original pattern from Stohlman's books, then fine-tuned from there to make it fit the tree and Watt hardware at 7/8 position. Thanks for looking.

Beautiful. As the work went forward?

I have been slowly working on it. I have the fork cover, horn cover, cantle back and filler, skirts blocked and plugged and have slicked and stretched the stirrup leathers. Working on fitting the back jockeys and the seat next. Hope to have it done by the end of October, will post some new pics later. thanks for looking, Tom

clear.jpgGood job, congratulations. I'm waiting for the material, then I'll try

Same saddle with the seat put in for the first time. It will have an inlaid padded seat, which is the extra piece seen under the drawdown strap. It will form the base of the inlay "pillow" which was expertly described on the forum by Keith Seidel.

post-17973-030875300 1317610926_thumb.jp

nice!

how is it going? ;)

i can't wait to see the "final" result!

i guess it will "rock"!

i really would like to build an all rough out saddle but i know it will not sell here in France because people are not used to see that.....too bad for me ;)

I sewed the cantle binding yesterday, drilled the tree, lined and sewed the skirts and finished the back cinch and tugs, both latigo lined and stitched. I should be able to get it done in the evenings this week and have the customer pick it up by the weekend. He is anxious to start riding it. I'll post pics when finished.

Very nice harrington! Very food work