I need to order some more leather. I've been getting 'B' grade Hermann Oak 7-8 oz from Springfield. Weaver has lots of things I would be interested in, but you have to put a large initial order in. Unless I order leather, I can't get the price up high enough to qualify as an initial order.

Now, I am confused as to what leather to order from Weaver for making holsters. Any advice will be appreciated.

I need to order some more leather. I've been getting 'B' grade Hermann Oak 7-8 oz from Springfield. Weaver has lots of things I would be interested in, but you have to put a large initial order in. Unless I order leather, I can't get the price up high enough to qualify as an initial order.

Now, I am confused as to what leather to order from Weaver for making holsters. Any advice will be appreciated.

They have the same Herman Oak as Springfield but I think they list theirs as "Tannery Run" which when I was in their show room they told me that meant you might get an A grade piece or a B Grade piece. I have picked mine out in person twice and mail ordered once. All three sides were very good. The Herman Oak Bridle Leather (not the English Bridle) was some REALLY nice stuff too and would make nice holsters if you're willing to buy a whole side dyed one color.

I've ordered the HO Natural Strap for the holsters, belts, bags, etc that I make. From the Weaver Supply Catalog, a tannery run is "a standard method of buying leather that consists of 20% A grade, 50% B grade, 20% C grade, and 10% utility grade." Weaver only sells the utility grade stuff at a discount, so you won't get that if you order their regular natural strap stuff. I've been happy with the stuff I've gotten from them, except the occasional piece seems very hard to cut. I generally order HO from Springfield because I've never had a piece that was hard to cut from them and Springfield is willing to sell me just the backs for a minimal markup. That being said if you are ordering enough stuff from Weaver to get into their Supply Best Price Program, then the price for per square foot is very attractive.