My grandfather wore one of these, and I have always wanted one. I used a Craftaid to do the pattern, and thought it would look cool with out a border. There is no dye on this leather, it is three coats of olive oil on Wicket & Craig’s. RTC and antique, finished with Bee Natural. I have been wearing this for about two weeks, so it is broke in, but still looks pretty new. (And the fuzzies on the edges were not there when I finished it.) Comments and critiques welcome.

Oak Leaf Belt.JPG

Oak Leaf Belt 2.JPG

Oak Leaf Belt 3.JPG

post-7753-126981707451_thumb.jpg

post-7753-12698170938_thumb.jpg

post-7753-126981717292_thumb.jpg

My grandfather wore one of these, and I have always wanted one. I used a Craftaid to do the pattern, and thought it would look cool with out a border. There is no dye on this leather, it is three coats of olive oil on Wicket & Craig's. RTC and antique, finished with Bee Natural. I have been wearing this for about two weeks, so it is broke in, but still looks pretty new. (And the fuzzies on the edges were not there when I finished it.) Comments and critiques welcome.

very nice work, I like the look. I looks like it is carved out of one solid piece of oak.

Very nice work ;;AZrider..

..Doc..

I like the antique look on your belt. You got some nice shades with your method. Thanks for sharing - Deb

Yea, I have to agree, your carving is coming out better and better. You have come a ways from your start!

Keep it up!

Thanks all! Its really cool to get positive feedback from people who are as talented as here. I can really see a difference in the carving on my belts, especially when I compare this to the first one I did. I still feel like I have a long way to go, but I am getting there. I am still not happy with the decorative cuts on this belt, or the durabillity of the edges. They were like glass when I finished it. Guess I need to start on my next one...