Sign in to follow this  
newfiebackflip

To Make A Motorcycle Seat

I tried to search this just in case its not a repost but came up with pages and pages of posts with "motorcycle seat" in it. Although some are going to be useful for when it comes to dying and sealing but I would like to know if there is a link, PDF, DVD, Books etc on a step by step process for making seats.

If anyone could help that would be amazing! Basically my plan is to practice tooling and then practice some more and make a one of a kind seat that can be auctioned off for a charity set out to raise funds for wounded soldiers here in Canada.

I am a soldier myself and have lost lots of friends and have had many more seriously injured. So this is something I feel deep down in my bones I need to do. If anyone would like to collaborate with me on this project I would welcome that as I do not want to screw this up!

Thanks and I really hope I get something.

Darren

I'll assume from your name you are in Newfoundland. have you gone to the motorcycle section in the forums? there are some "pinned" how to sections there. so it depends on the seat you are going to do. there are a few different techniques some are better for certain seat types. check those and it will help you decide which style you want.

I'll assume from your name you are in Newfoundland. have you gone to the motorcycle section in the forums? there are some "pinned" how to sections there. so it depends on the seat you are going to do. there are a few different techniques some are better for certain seat types. check those and it will help you decide which style you want.

Thanks Murse

I will go check it out! i live in Toronto but my family still resides there

I have had this pdf on my hard drive for a couple of years at least and I do not think the author would mind if I post it as an attachment. If he does then I or a moderator can remove it it is a fairly good sized file so hopefully it will upload ok. it is 2.42mb. Jordan

seats-26.pdf

It seems to have worked ok. the last part of the article has leather info. Jordan

There is a good tutorial on youtube called "molding a custom seat " it is really informative and I beilieve it was done by a member of he forum

Peace and Love

Bryan

Edited by bkingery