troy

a new arrival

Like most creations worth creating, months of morning sickness and pains finally paid off to produce the next age of fids!!!!!

Today may have started just like any other - half dased zombie like behaviour until the first coffee, dragged around the field by the dog and those little darlings of ours playing their favourite game 'no I won't get up' then the tiny but rough sound of footsteps aproached our door producing a package full of promise of things to come.

fid.jpg

Thanks has to go to brian kidd for all his hard work and generosity, I just hung around and drank beer - it sure is a beauty and I can only hope my braiding is up to the challenge of matching its grace.

The next photo is me playing around with adobe illustrator, just part of the other type of things I do - its a portrait of me and the wife done completly with just words!!

typo_experiment_photo.jpg

Cheers again brian and will post again once I use it.

post-182-125992715614_thumb.jpg

post-182-125992717182_thumb.jpg

That's an awesome looking tool. I wanna call it a spike, but times have changed. lol Whatever it's called, it's gonna make your braiding days much easier.

The portrait is great!! Back before these addictive computers, we did pictures using the keyboard, nothing nearly as creative as your work, just random strokes. Great!!

Hi all.

Thank you troy for the kind comment. I am only the designer of that tool. The one who made it deserves the applause the most. My buddy PJ is awsome with a lathe and the CNC mill.

The fid handle is Olive wood and the fid shaft is stainless steel.

Like most creations worth creating, months of morning sickness and pains finally paid off to produce the next age of fids!!!!!

Today may have started just like any other - half dased zombie like behaviour until the first coffee, dragged around the field by the dog and those little darlings of ours playing their favourite game 'no I won't get up' then the tiny but rough sound of footsteps aproached our door producing a package full of promise of things to come.

fid.jpg

Thanks has to go to brian kidd for all his hard work and generosity, I just hung around and drank beer - it sure is a beauty and I can only hope my braiding is up to the challenge of matching its grace.

Cheers again brian and will post again once I use it.