Hide in the Sound

Advice On Best Tool

Hi everyone, first post here. I have a very small business where I sell circular leather mats that are 11.5" in diameter with a 5/16" hole in the center, and the leather is less than 2mm thick and very pliable. I only need to make about one per day.

I have been having the mats cut by laser, but I want to be able to control all aspects of the production of the mats. Is there a manual die cutter/press that would allow me to make these mats from 12"x12" pieces? I have tried to use a compass cutter I bought from mister art and the big problem was bunching of the leather as I cut it, which caused the mats to get out of round. If I could find a suitable manual press that would be great. I plan on buying a die from Texas Custom Dies.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Of course volume may dictate how much you spend, but you want a clicker press and then have a die made of your shape.

I've received a quote for $99 for the die and TCD also sells manual clickers for around $450. I am thinking I could easily make a clicker like theirs from a shop press, which I can buy from the local harbor freight for about $120. Thanks for the advise, electrathon.