King's X

Maker Stamps

Hello all

I was recently turned onto this supplier for a maker stamp. I purchased a large one, but I wanted something small that I could put on wallets, holsters, etc. The lady that runs the business is very nice and will do a lot of design work at no extra cost. If you send her something, she can turn it into a design. I scan a pencil version of what I wanted and she made it turn out nice. I thought that I had it on this computer, but it must be on the other computer, sorry.

www.lasergiftcreations.com

Leather stamp

$35 plus TX tax and shipping.

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

I had her make me two.

I will get them tomorrow.

She (brenda) is great to work with and will go out of the way to help.

Allen

I'm not affiliated in any way other than a customer.

Are you getting anything with name or initials or just symbols?

Hi. I'm Brenda, the lady who made the stamps for the 2 members in this string. I appreciate their kind words and enthusiasm. To answer your question: Yes, I do names, logos, initials.....I'm open to discussing whatever you have in mind. Lettering is easier than pictures/logos/images. I receive customer ideas in a variety of 'formats' (from clear vector line drawings that take little to no conversion.... to very cryptic written descriptions of design ideas that I make a stab at creating whatever is described). I always email my design to the individual for feedback/input and don't actually run the job till I get their design right and receive their final approvals and payment. The $35 the one member mentioned is correct (and applies to the stamps made on 1 1/2 inch and smaller diameter delrin dowels)+Texas sales tax (if applicable) +shipping (I often use the $5.00 flat rate priority mail envelope). Larger stamps are available but are higher in cost (ex: 2 inch diameter is $40+tax+shipping or 3 inch diameter is $50+tax+shipping).

I've recently made a flat plate for a press...made of 3/8" thick delrin sheet material, in a 3"x3" size...charge for that was $50 (+tax+shiping). My ventures into the plates is new, so don't have any additional pricing set yet. The square (non-round) plates can be pretty much cut to any custom size that fits in my machine (machine can hold up to 24"x18"), but they're taking considerably longer in the machine(the machine travels bigger distances to cover the larger plate size), so will cost more as plate size increases.

Guess that covers the basics. feel free to contact me directly at my business email: info@lasergiftcreations.com or visit my website at www.lasergiftcreations.com I have one maker's stamp on display there. I'd be happy to answer any questions. Thanks for your interest. -brenda (stamplady)

Nice website. Hope to do some business, if I can ever come up with a design. Welcome to leatherworker btw. Stop into chat again when you can stay. We would love to talk with you.

Welcome to the forum, Ms. Brenda

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Hello again!

I was also the one who got the "plate" made.

It is the bulldog face below. The green imprint is from the plate using a 1 ton arbor press to apply pressure.

I made the holder as a protector against dinking up the edges. It was the first time I wet formed a case/holster.

billdog_stamp.jpg

The two impressions on the brown piece of leather are the makers stamps she did for me. Sorry my photography sucks.

One is a heart with a dagger and the text "Big Papa Leather" on the banners that cross the heart. Brenda went the extra mile to make the lettering look right even though it is tiny. The second is a old school tattoo swallow and Big Papa Leather again.

brenda.jpg

I blotted out the third makers stamp as she did not do that one.

I am completely happy with the work she did and the effort she made to make sure it was just how I wanted it.

I would recommend her (and have) to anyone looking to get stuff like this done.

Allen

post-7341-1237838302_thumb.jpg

post-7341-1237838345_thumb.jpg

That bulldog idea for the local school paid out. It really makes a good impression, but I am sure that press helped a lot.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I have just received a stamp that we ordered from Brenda. Quality work and I will try to have a picture of the stamped item up soon. I am to busy playing right now.

Brenda thanks for the service you provided, love the stamp.

(I also am not associated with Brenda - other than being a satisfied client) 

Hi everyone,

Please add me to the list of Brenda's satisfied customers. Laser Gift Creations have done me proud, and contrary to popular belief, posting to the other side of the pond (England - the original one, not 'New') was not a problem (except for the Customs charges!). I attach a picture of the design impression, which I had done in two sizes, one for saddlery (which I've yet to start) and one for my bridles. As you can see, it's a complex design, but it's turned out beautifully!

Nice one Brenda!

Jerry

Grenadier_Saddlery_Stamp__1.jpg

Grenadier_Saddlery_Stamp__1.jpg

post-7938-1244924182_thumb.jpg

Edited by JerryLevine

I am glad to hear the good comments. I just want to add one personal note. I had a stamp fail me and it happend to be a piece that she has experiencing problems. I emailed her and she another made and delivered within 24 hours. I do have to admit that I live three cities over, but she felt my satisfaction was necessary to redo it immediately. So, if you have a stamp that goes back, just let her know. She will take care of you.

Nothing against, Infinity or Grey Ghost, but I am hobbyist and I cannot afford the cost of what others call a "great stamp." I am sure they make great stuff. It is about economics for me and I can afford this lady's product. If I would have known early, I would have asked "yaklady," I heard she has one of those lazer thingys.

Anyways, I know there has been a lot of comparison and I would the first one to say that we cannot compare apples to oranges. If and when (though I doubt it) I turn this hobby into a busy, I will definately look up ISI or Grey Ghost, but until (as the wife) this will have to do.

There has been a lot of talk about this persons quality and that persons quality and as the person who introduced Ms. Brenda, I felt obligated to explain why I did so.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Just got my "Uncle George" maker's stamp from Brenda today. Very nice, very pleased, very fast turnaround. Highly recommend. :notworthy:

DITTO, I got one from brenda and I absolutly love it. what a wonderful job, and lady.

Brenda has made three stamps for me and worked with me on a pattern for each one. This lady is just the greatest to work with, she is fast and will work with you in every way she can to make sure you get what you are wanting. She has also done some lazering on leather for me and again could not ask for better service or been more pleased. I don't think you can go wrong with one of her stamps and if you did have a problem I'm sure she would make it right

Richard

I too have recently done biz with barb, she worked her magic whipped my logo/trademark into shape and the deal is done. waiting patiently for it so I can stamp something. she is great and flexible. so give her a shot you will like what you get.,

cheers

crissy

I just got my metal, lasercut maker stamp last week from this place:

http://www.phillipsengraving.com/Leather_Stamps.html

Very easy to work with, I did have my own logo and the stamp is perfect (very detailed as I wanted it) and I had it mounted on a backer plate too...Price $38, can't beat that:-) I have to get a picture when it's unpacked again....

Just got my stamp from Brenda at Laser Gift Creations and it's great! I ordered two, one for me and one for my dad.

maker_mark.png

post-6347-1250819565_thumb.png

I just got my metal, lasercut maker stamp last week from this place:

http://www.phillipsengraving.com/Leather_Stamps.html

Very easy to work with, I did have my own logo and the stamp is perfect (very detailed as I wanted it) and I had it mounted on a backer plate too...Price $38, can't beat that:-) I have to get a picture when it's unpacked again....

I got mine last week. Looks great, I need to get used to what I need to do to make it look good when I stamp it (got a hint from Johanna last week).

The only thing I think may be wrong is that it's on the backing plate at a slight angle (the angle of the handle doesn't appear to be perpendicular to the leather when I just stand it there and look at it).

Other than that, David was very good to work with....

I just received my new stamps from Brenda at Laser Gift Creations and I am extremely pleased!! She was great to work with and I will definitely be doing business with her in the future!

stamps.jpg

post-5181-125331365638_thumb.jpg