craftsman827

#5 Overstitch Wheel

I'm looking to purchase a #5 overstitch wheel. I already went through 2. They wore out where the wheel gets attched to the shaft.

I'm looking for a well made one. Any sugestions ????

PS I seen one in the Weaver catalog, Jeremiah Watt's for $65.00 A littel pricey, is it worth it ??

Edited by craftsman827

McMillen Tool Co., not the prettiest in the world, but it sure gets the job done, 20.95$ ten years ago.

Kevin

I had the same problem not to long ago. You should contacted Bruce and asked him to pick out a good one. That's what I did and I'm very happy With what I got.

I had the same problem not to long ago. You should contacted Bruce and asked him to pick out a good one. That's what I did and I'm very happy With what I got.

Who is Bruce ???

Bruce Johnson

Art

Who is Bruce ???

THANKS ART, thats what I'm looking for. I guess I'll order one from Bruce, or Jeramiha Watt !

Thanks to all for your help !

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Do you want to use it as an Overstitch Wheel" or as a "Stitch Marker". They can be used for both, but there are separate tools for each. Some Overstitch wheels are sharp enough and were designed to be used as stitch markers also. The Jeremiah Watt Overstitch Wheel is meant to be used as both.

The product that Kevin at Springfield Leather sells gives you all three wheels 5, 6, and 7 and works as good as anything for an overstitch wheel, and is ok as a stitch marker.

A true stitch marker works only as a stitch marker, never as an overstitch wheel. Blanchard and Dixon sell those.

Art

THANKS ART, thats what I'm looking for. I guess I'll order one from Bruce, or Jeramiha Watt !

Thanks to all for your help !

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Do you want to use it as an Overstitch Wheel" or as a "Stitch Marker". They can be used for both, but there are separate tools for each. Some Overstitch wheels are sharp enough and were designed to be used as stitch markers also. The Jeremiah Watt Overstitch Wheel is meant to be used as both.

The product that Kevin at Springfield Leather sells gives you all three wheels 5, 6, and 7 and works as good as anything for an overstitch wheel, and is ok as a stitch marker.

A true stitch marker works only as a stitch marker, never as an overstitch wheel. Blanchard and Dixon sell those.

Art

I use it as a marker, & also if you put enough pressure, it looks like stitches.

That's what I use it for . I just made a belt for a customer, they wanted it to look like it was stitched, without the sewing. Know what I mean ??

Yep, the overstitch wheel from Springfield will do it as will the one from JWP (Jeremiah Watt Productions). There is that difference in price. Can't say which is better or equivalent.

Art

I use it as a marker, & also if you put enough pressure, it looks like stitches.

That's what I use it for . I just made a belt for a customer, they wanted it to look like it was stitched, without the sewing. Know what I mean ??