Red Cent

First Gunfighter Stitch Belt

They all told me I could buy patterns but I would have to make my own some time. I used a quilting half circle helper : http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2ssunQr1FDY/S0LB5h22UAI/AAAAAAAADqc/JGKHLn6sJ_s/s1600-h/Cutting+Circle+Templates+from+Freezer+Paper.jpg

and drew the lines with a pencil oh so lightly. And no one better say "Yeah, it looks like it".

post-36503-0-08738500-1407381548_thumb.j

I've yet to master that, yours looks very nice!

Nicely executed.

Looks great

Thank you. Now the holster.

Looks good, . . . but then again, . . . I'm partial, . . . always did like that design.

May God bless,

Dwight

Really cool. Look forward to seeing the holster. I have been looking at the paterns created by black river laser for that stitching pattern but have yet to purchase. Anyone on this thread have any experience with those? I have heard good things but still on the fence.

It is really not hard to do with the quilting device or something similar.

Draw two parallel lines. These lines represent how tall the ellipse and the diamond will be. Divide the two lines in half with another parallel line. This where everything "crosses". At some point on the bottom establish a point/mark. With the guide, all you do is line up two "points" in the groove of the circle chosen.. The point/mark established and the top groove of the circle on the top line. Hint: the biggest circle works best. With your pencil, start at the "point" and follow the groove (left or right) up to the top line and as you come over the top stop at the halfway line. At this point you have drawn one quarter of a diamond and one half of an ellipse.

If you use a slender sharp pencil, stacked tolerances will happen. This will make your points come out a little off. Keep your pencil against one side (outer side of the grove or the inside of the groove) of the groove when ever you draw. This will help some.

The circle I use is 10" in diameter.

It is really not hard to do with the quilting device or something similar.

Draw two parallel lines. These lines represent how tall the ellipse and the diamond will be. Divide the two lines in half with another parallel line. This where everything "crosses". At some point on the bottom establish a point/mark. With the guide, all you do is line up two "points" in the groove of the circle chosen.. The point/mark established and the top groove of the circle on the top line. Hint: the biggest circle works best. With your pencil, start at the "point" and follow the groove (left or right) up to the top line and as you come over the top stop at the halfway line. At this point you have drawn one quarter of a diamond and one half of an ellipse.

If you use a slender sharp pencil, stacked tolerances will happen. This will make your points come out a little off. Keep your pencil against one side (outer side of the grove or the inside of the groove) of the groove when ever you draw. This will help some.

The circle I use is 10" in diameter.

Looks really good, nice work.

Chief

Thanks for the explanation. I am looking forward to seeing the complete rig.

Fastdrawrig002_zps9bc901f9.jpg

CFDA legal. No retention. Cylinder spins freely in holster.

Nice rig! Continuing the gunfighter stitching on the holster completes the rig nicely.

Wow!! That is really awesome!! I love the stitching and the contrast between the outside and the liner. It makes it look really sharp.

Thank you.

That is a great looking belt!

I searched both pages, the margins, the headers, . . . anybody seen the holster?

May God bless,

Dwgiht

Dwight, the holster is pictured in post #12 of this thread.

Dwight, the holster is pictured in post #12 of this thread.

Thanks, Camano, . . .

Good job, Red Cent, . . . as before, . . . that is one of my favorite patterns. Been seeing it for over 50 years on belts, purses, and stuff. Can't say as I ever got tired of seeing it.

May God bless,

Dwight

Impressive!

Great looking rig!

I'm from Rutherforton, N.C. just happen to be living in Kansas.

Tip

Is the holster steel lined or rawhide, some quick draw holsters are?

This first one is not steel or rawhide lined. It has a full liner of 5/6 ounce. Cowbot Fast Draw does not allow steel lined rigs. It does allow rawhide.

There holsters made for World Fast Draw made from fiberglass. The WFDA Assn. Is pretty lenient. They have what is called a fender rig. Not allowed in CFDA. CFDA is trying to stick as much as it can to emulate the "so called fastdraw" of the movies. However, if you watch a video of the CFDA in action, you begin to wonder about some of the rules.

The silliest rule is the 20 degree forward cant.

See if you can see what I mean in the video.