Sign in to follow this  
Tkleather1

Wedding Gift

This is a project that I just finished up the other night. 8/9 oz. H.O. Hand cut lettering Simple quilted background. It is lined with 5 oz. bone chap leather from the hide house and has a 2" three ring binder waiting to be installed. ( Just got em Saturday)

Tell me what you all think it is for some friends of ours as a wedding gift. has a real light olive oil finish on it and deft wood laquer finish.

Thanks for stoppin in and let me know what you all think and what you would have done different.

post-9593-097988200 1283136284_thumb.jpgpost-9593-001907500 1283136301_thumb.jpgpost-9593-050428300 1283136331_thumb.jpg

Tim Worley

TK-Leathe

That looks great! But i do have one question how did you get your letters so black?

Sharpie marker before I oil, let set for 24 hours, oil let set for 24 hours then spray on the finish.

Tim Worley

TK-Leather

This is a project that I just finished up the other night. 8/9 oz. H.O. Hand cut lettering Simple quilted background. It is lined with 5 oz. bone chap leather from the hide house and has a 2" three ring binder waiting to be installed. ( Just got em Saturday)

Tell me what you all think it is for some friends of ours as a wedding gift. has a real light olive oil finish on it and deft wood laquer finish.

Thanks for stoppin in and let me know what you all think and what you would have done different.

post-9593-097988200 1283136284_thumb.jpgpost-9593-001907500 1283136301_thumb.jpgpost-9593-050428300 1283136331_thumb.jpg

Tim Worley

TK-Leathe

Nice work Tim. I have one possible concern with your method of construction. Seems you have a "wear" area at the fold with stitching.

That may present a problem down the road. An inside photo or explanation for your construction may be helpful.

ferg

Nice work Tim. I have one possible concern with your method of construction. Seems you have a "wear" area at the fold with stitching.

That may present a problem down the road. An inside photo or explanation for your construction may be helpful.

ferg

I appreciate your response, However I am not sure where the wear area you are concerned with is located. I wasnt real worried about wear on this project as it will probably sit on a coffee table its entire life, I tend to overlook things sometimes thats for sure. As for the the interior it is a single peice of chap leather stretching the full length of the book and then stitched all around the outside and where the three peices of vegtan come together, not a very complex design. Let me know if you have an other questions or concerns because I like to better my craftsmanship wherever I can.

Tim Worley

TK-Leather

Sharpie marker before I oil, let set for 24 hours, oil let set for 24 hours then spray on the finish.

Tim Worley

TK-Leather

Thanks Tim!!!

You are more than welcome. I learned that one from Bruce Johnson, I do still have some trouble with the dye lifting and becoming muddy when using sheepskin scraps to apply but if I spray my finish on then I have no problems.

Thanks for lookin.

I appreciate your response, However I am not sure where the wear area you are concerned with is located. I wasnt real worried about wear on this project as it will probably sit on a coffee table its entire life, I tend to overlook things sometimes thats for sure. As for the the interior it is a single peice of chap leather stretching the full length of the book and then stitched all around the outside and where the three peices of vegtan come together, not a very complex design. Let me know if you have an other questions or concerns because I like to better my craftsmanship wherever I can.

Tim Worley

TK-Leather

My thought was concerning the stitch line being so close to the fold line, that was the only concern I had. If the cover is opened and closed often that stitch line could cause a problem.

ferg

I see what you mean. I dont think that will be an issue simply because the cover is a lot bigger than the ;icture shows and the fold is releived. but we will see. Thanks for the pointer though.

Thanks to everyone for taking a look and I appreciate all of the input.

Tim Worley

Love your photobook , once made a wedding scrapbook of wood , (before I worked with leather) , but this is a better option.