clownzwear

Need Help On Pfaff 345-145

Hello all you leatherworkers!

I own a Pfaff 345 and have a few questions about it.

Im from Germany, but here nobody seems to know this machine. Even google doesn`t know much about it.

But google knows, that a few of you folks know about this machine.

So I hope I can find some information here.

My most urgent question is:

Does anybody know, how to adjust the hook-saddle? My machine is leaving out every 3. or 4. stitch. The problem is, that the hook is to far away from the needle.

I already found out, that the Pfaff 345 is similar to the Singer 153 and I already found the manual for the singer.

The two machines are allmost structurally identical, except of the one thing I need to know: How to adjust the hook saddle.

My scond question is, does anybody have a service manual for the Pfaff 345? I couldn`t find one at the internet.

The last thing I would like to have, is more information about this machine in general. The full type-number is:

345-145/1C H3SN

I hope somebody can help me out.

Thank you

Greetings from Germany

clownzwear

don't know if this any help, haven't used them but fingers crossed http://www.sewingmachinemanuals.com/pfaff-345

al

@needles:

I already found this manual, too. Usefull (in general), but what I´m looking for is more something like a service manual, with descriptions how to do adjustments and stuff.

But anyway....thanks for replying!!!

clownzwear

There seems to be lots of info for parts for the machine, I don't see any service manuals at all. Certainly there are some out there somewhere.

See if this site has anything helpful.

http://ebookbrowse.c...-pdf-d371663446

ferg

Edited by 50 years leather

@50 years leather:

This is the only manual that apears on web, the same needles came up with.

anyway thanks!

Hope there is a different manual out there.....maybe hidden in a drawer somewhere!?

clownzwear

there has got to be one somewhere????? probably cunningly hidden behind the pile of rocking horse poop and in front of the jars of snake oil......was one given with the machines when new?

@needles:

I bet there was, but I got the machine used maybe one year ago. Without manual.....

clownzwear

no I meant someone must have one kicking around some where......there most of been tons of these sold.....

Hi, I have answered your PM. I have a 345-H3 and a service manual for it. I will load it up for sharing and post the link here when its ready. This Pfaff service manual is unlike other Pfaff manuals, it has no photos or drawings. You must be an experienced sewing machine mechanic to understand the adjustments. You can always use Pfaff`s other manuals as examples, and switch the data's only. I will help you go true it if you need it. Are you sure about the the subclass numbers on your machine, I cannot find a 345-145/1C- H3 SN ; the last letters are C= type of machine, H3= subclass, S= for fabric, N= 6 mm stitch length max. The 145/1 is the equipment number that tell what kind of lower feed, feed dog and sewing attachments etc. However I can`t find that number in my papers, ask on Pfaff industrial http://www.pfaff-industrial.com/ they are very helpful there. They sent me my service/adjustment manual when I asked for it. I will send you the link true a PM, If anybody else need it please let me know.

Later

Tor

Hello Trox, or Tor! :-)

I recently found this Topic about a Pfaff machine and have the same kind of question for you. I might buy a Pfaff that is called 345 H3 6/01 CLN but I'm curious about the capability of this machine.

I want a machine that i can sew with in leather. How thick leather is this one suitable for? I also have looked around on the web for any kind of info on this machine but without any luck. I've also send e-mail to two different Pfaffadresses but without recieving any answer, yet.....

Since you live in Oslo and I in Skien maybe I could call you? A friend of mine, Knut "Oldtimer" Karlsson in Östersund told me that you know everything about sewingmachines and I tried to find a phonenumber to you, but without sucsess...

Best regards Niclas Svedenvik

Pfaff 145 Sewing Machine Repairs CD, I got this from a seller on eBay, seweazi1s.gif( 1016iconRedStar_25x25.gif), he is in England this may or may not help. It helped me set the timing and such. Good luck I have the PFAFF 145 H-3

Add to your eBay favorites

Share on Facebook0

Share on Facebook0

Share on Facebook0

| |

Put this topic over to sewingmachines, there are tons of people can help you!!

@trox

got your service-manual, worked it out and solved the problem. sorry for the late answer, but my machine was runnig again so i was busy (-: thank you for your help. was exactly what i was looking for.

I`m very sure about the serial number...its written on it....(-: but anyway, its working again.

again...thanks for all.

Adi

A very good source of information on old mechanical Pfaff machines is the Old Pfaff Phorum. There are quite a lot of manuals there, aa well as people who really know these machines.

Woody

@trox

got your service-manual, worked it out and solved the problem. sorry for the late answer, but my machine was runnig again so i was busy (-: thank you for your help. was exactly what i was looking for.

I`m very sure about the serial number...its written on it....(-: but anyway, its working again.

again...thanks for all.

Adi

Hi Adi,

you where right about the subclass number, I found the subclass list some other place in my computer. I mailed it to you, did you get it?

I had a problem with the timing on my machine and the hook gear was stuck on the the shaft. I could not get it loose to adjust the timing. I had to knock the hole shaft out of the machine to get it off. It was the markings of the gears set screws who made the problems, I had do sand them down and polish the shaft to fix it. Now it sews like a champ. I may use a bit of removable locktite if the gear moves again. Its no clutch on these, I maybe should forget about the locktite and let it move instead of breaking something else if the machine jams up. I might be a good idea.

Tor

Hello - I might just warm an old  thread up... I just bought an old Pfaff 345 VR 132 B S.

The hook was totally jammed, but the wheel, feet and needlebar moved normally. I got out the hook together with tons of thread and now i have the problem, that i do not know how to get the lower gear to be moved to the left, so it will work together with the hook gear (at the moment they don't even touch each other). It doesn't have a safety clutch,  and the 2 marked "screws" hold the bar into place, so i suppose i must loosen the screws on the gear and move the gear to the left...

Would it be possible to send me a copy of the service Manual? Maybe I can find some usefull infos.

Any help would be apprieciated. Greetings from austria!

9D7B637E-0E08-416D-AE85-E53C33C1F271.jpeg

0B349AD6-262F-4D04-B771-2E4D4B823F3E.jpeg

D78CB86F-CF14-4A7E-836E-23A7FD1821E6.jpeg

On 4/17/2013 at 5:53 AM, clownzwear said:

@trox

again...thanks for all.

Adi

Hi Adi, would you mind the share the service manual with me too please? I recently bought PFAFF 345-H3-6/01 CLN.

Thanks

Send me an PM with your email and I can send you the manuals Tor

On 2/17/2020 at 7:42 PM, GoFish said:

Just bought a 345 and the seller kindly sent me a link to the manual. Hopefully this link works and helps 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1328774/Pfaff-343.html?page=10#manual

Nice, but it's a user manual not a service/adjustment manual.