Sign in to follow this  
freak

name tag out of leather

I was thinking of making a name tag out of leather with my user name to wear at the show this weekend. I don't know ,i guess i just needed something to do. It rain today and i get bored setting at home. Well i wanted to rework the ambigram i made for the word freak. Well once i started drawing i kind of got all into it ( which felt good i haven't got into drawing in many,many years ) so it's more then just a name tag, i guess you could call it a badge.

Not sure my taste is ever ones taste but, that's one of the great things about leather work. You can still see the art or what have you. I started dying it already but no pics of that yet. Again i went with the japanese tatto style art work.

badge01sm.jpg

badge02sm.jpg

post-158-1192503132_thumb.jpg

post-158-1192503142_thumb.jpg

Neat work freak, I like it.

Jim

freak,

Looks pretty good. I'm jealous of people with natural talent in drawing and carving. See you in Fort Worth?

Hope you're entering something in the competition. :specool:

JKK

That's really cool, Freak! Now I will know it's you when I see you. I don't want to wear my yak hide around the show, So I'll have to come up with something for my badge. Or maybe I could wear the skull on my head . . .

Kathy

What happened to your dog with big teeth?

Edited by yaklady

thats pretty cool. I really like those mammograms..er...ambisol...er...ambigrams.

Hey Freak,

That is cool! People will know its you from whatever direction you are going. But it is lacking something. I think you should do another of those ambisol thingys of the Leatherworker.net logo on the top, or bottom, or anywhere you like. Well, you only got a few days before the show, but keep that in mind for next year.

Really Freak, you are doing neat stuff. I like your style!

Clay

way freaky i wish i could just pop over and atend the venue and get to see some cool stuf and meat a few members

Thanks you all very , very much. It was small and a little tedious at times but, it's all about practice rite .

freak,

Looks pretty good. I'm jealous of people with natural talent in drawing and carving. :specool:

JKK

Yeah me to. :biggrin: No really i don't know if you'd call it natural . Last weekend we had our 20th year class reunion, maybe back then it was natural. Or just what i did naturally instead of studing.

That's really cool, Freak! Now I will know it's you when I see you. I don't want to wear my yak hide around the show, So I'll have to come up with something for my badge. Or maybe I could wear the skull on my head . . .

Kathy

What happened to your dog with big teeth?

I think it would rock if you wore that skull on your head. LOL !!! The dog had a bad attitude, so she's in the freezer now. :blink:

Hey Freak,

That is cool! People will know its you from whatever direction you are going. But it is lacking something. I think you should do another of those ambisol thingys of the Leatherworker.net logo on the top, or bottom, or anywhere you like. Well, you only got a few days before the show, but keep that in mind for next year.

Really Freak, you are doing neat stuff. I like your style!

Clay

Well you kow,, i was going to do something like that. I could do another one real fast if i knew magic. :euro: Yea even if i fall over people will still know it's me. Not sure that's a good thing though...

It's pretty much done, all i have to do is finish the edge and make a small loop to attach a chain to.

The blue is Sky Blue and it's a Hi Lite. its very goopie if you will. I let it get a little messy in a few

places. The pink for the cherry blossoms , i watered down the Deep Violet color. That's the one

good thing about using the eco-flo water based dyes. Easy to lighten up a color. Once again i used

all eco-flo dyes except for the white. They don't make a white so i used Fiebing's whit dye.

Any way here it is.....

freakflag01sm.jpg

freakflag02.jpg

freakflag03.jpg

post-158-1192581387_thumb.jpg

post-158-1192581405_thumb.jpg

post-158-1192581417_thumb.jpg

Thats awesome freak. The colors really make it POP. Great work.

Ken

Wow the colors have just made it come to life realy nice, Don

Thank you, thank ya very much.

Alex you are way to kind, thank you. I think adding the white with a dry brush really helped . I should of taken a pic of it before i did that. next time i will. Plus i went back with black and outlined everthing, i think of this piece it helped all the colors stand out a little more.

Edited by freak