Pkay

Leatherworker From Brighton England

Nice to find this site, I started leatherwork in about 1976 and had my own shop in Devon for a few years. I still have all the tools and leather and as the family, three sons, have moved away I have more time to continue on the journey.

I found working with leather allowed me to experiment with paints and dyes, surface finishes, wood and moulding techniques. Loved it all.

Hi there my names joseph, im a trimmer from the midlands would just like to wish you good luck with your journey deeper into the world of leather work.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Good to meet you, glad you found the forum.

Thank you, it feels a bit like coming home. If you have the inclination it is very rewarding to make an article from start to finish and the research is fun as well.

When I first found leatherwork it was called leathercraft and all patterns led to Al "Stolmen"? I think. But I moved away just taking the base ideas with me. Great fun.!!

HI Pkay,

Welcome to the site and the wonderful things on it.

Hi Joseph B

Upholstery is an area I have tried but It is an art in itself. The amount of over cut or undercut to get the stitch line lying in the best place is something you will only learn by experience or having a good teacher on hand. It is such a deep subject keep at it.

Pkay

WELCOME to the forum, Oz (saddler in Caterham on the Hill in Surrey)