badger

Belt buckle help. Anyone know what this is?

I would like to prevail on the kindness of my fellow members who know all about belt buckles.

I'm trying to identify the plate style buckle on the black belt in the pics. It's a brass rectangle.

Is it a Civil War repro or something modern?

If anyone does recognise it, do they know where I can buy them?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Badger

14.jpg zoe08.jpg zoebeltref.jpg

post-7577-1239922839_thumb.jpg

post-7577-1239922850_thumb.jpg

post-7577-1239922861_thumb.jpg

You might want to try this link. If you scroll down you will see a repro of a Marine Corps blank buckle. It looks fairly similar. Buckles

Thanks Frank,

I'll check it out.

Badger

I'm not positive but you should be able to get a Marine Corps buckle for less than 20 bucks. I don't ever remember paying that much for them when I was on active duty. I'll see if I can't find some sites that sell them.

David

Ok maybe I was wrong. Everywhere I've seen it was 20 bucks, guess I remember wrong or maybe it was because I was buying on base.

Edited by Echo4V

I'm not positive but you should be able to get a Marine Corps buckle for less than 20 bucks. I don't ever remember paying that much for them when I was on active duty. I'll see if I can't find some sites that sell them.

David

David,

This is the old civil war type Marine Corps blank buckle that I am referring to, not the modern ones. The old ones are supposed to be solid brass with a totally different fastening system

They do look like those, I was thinking that it looked like a navy buckle just larger.

Sorry not much help.

O/T hey badger you redoing the whole forefly wardrobe lol. I still envey your ability to get ahold of some of that stuff from the old shows and what not.

It's nothing to be envious of.

It isn't anything you couldn't do yourself if you threw all your spare time and all your spare cash at it :rofl:

Badger

LMAO yeah I guess that pretty much somes it up. Time and money with a minimal amount of will power