King's X

Resources, Needs and Wants?

I have been noticing a lot of new members asking questions about "how to" or "where to" information. I think it is great that you guys/gals are participating in the forum, but I wanted to let you know that you could save some time by doing a simple search here. There is a 'search' feature on the top right hand corner where you can type in what you are looking for. I cannot take credit for this thread, but after reading something that 'Hidepounder' wrote about searching, I thought I would share how to do it with you.

Of course, if you cannot find something, by all means ask away.

Best of luck!

I have been noticing a lot of new members asking questions about "how to" or "where to" information. I think it is great that you guys/gals are participating in the forum, but I wanted to let you know that you could save some time by doing a simple search here. There is a 'search' feature on the top right hand corner where you can type in what you are looking for. I cannot take credit for this thread, but after reading something that 'Hidepounder' wrote about searching, I thought I would share how to do it with you.

Of course, if you cannot find something, by all means ask away.

Best of luck!

While i agree that searches can answer a lot of questions for a novice on most forums. As a person who adopts a new hobby every six moths or so I'm used to being a novice. However, I went through five pages searching for "making+mallet" and found nothing, just as I looked for "clutch+purse+pattern" and didn't find one. Some things are just difficult to find. This site's wealth of knowledge works against a new member looking for information because there is so much to fish through. Type in something and you find a lot that is irrelevant. I agree that all should search, but I think that a fair amount of repeated questions are to be expected.

And with all the new members we constantly get here, every time a question is asked over, there is the possibility that there can be a few new answers. Searching is fine, but I find it frustrating at times to even find a post I know is here somewhere.

I agree that all should search, but I think that a fair amount of repeated questions are to be expected.

Well said, youngster. I ran a business a while back, and my "straw boss" got his job because he was remarkable... in that I couldn't remember a time that kid asked me the same question twice. He was the only one could say that.

Your other point is well taken, and the previous paragraph is there for this point ... somebody typing in "business" and "job" and "question" will get this post, which is no answer for what he's looking for. Not that that's always bad ... earlier tonight I did a search for "lilly" for some flowers and got a rather scarcely dressed actress ohmy.gif

Like my second part said quite clearly...if you do not find anything, by all means ask.

Thanks for participating.