BearMan

Something very rare, a wallet for myself!

Here is something, that I seem to do about every 30 years or so,,, hehehe Make something for myself! Here is a wallet I'm working on, I think it's called a "hipster" style, with credit card slots on both sides, & a deep money pocket, not that I have much to put in it. I like this style because it's usually thinner than most. Anyway, it's my own design, (with some help from Bob :o)) with my signature colors. Hope "ya'll" like it. The insides are a pig skin that kinda looks like very close pattern ostrich. It's been so long since I've made a wallet like this, that I forgot how much of a pain it is making all the credit card slots. Thanks for looking, Ed the "BearMan"

My_good_wallet_back.jpg

My_good_Wallet_3.jpg

My_good_Wallet_4.jpg

My_good_Wallet_5.jpg

Mygood_wallet_inside.jpg

My_good_wallet_pocket.jpg

post-7175-1241129987_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1241130023_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1241130038_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1241130054_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1241130082_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1241130098_thumb.jpg

Wow thats a :Holysheep::jawdropper::bawling::notworthy::clapping::dance::drum::guitar::trumpet:

what size is it and where are you getting the liners are making them or what

Josh

VERY NICE!

Love the way you did the pattern. Color is very nice too!

really nice! How DID you make the cc slots? That's what's been keeping me from making the interiors. I don't have a machine and would have to haand stitch but would love to see how you did it

pete

Ed,

It came out really well! Great job on the edges!!!!!!!!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Bob

Wow that's one sweet wallet, great job!

Great lookin wallet !

The carving is EXTREAM !

Beautiflu workmanship. The carving is nice & DEEP .

Great design, I'm sure this one will last 30 more years....

Like the bargrounder, on the backround..

I'm waiting for some bar, & roundgrounders from Barry King.

Never used them, but going to give them a try on some Sheridan work I'm doing now.

Edited by craftsman827

I went back to have another look at the wallet.

It looks like it is fillagree ! The background is so nice & deep.

AGAIN,GREAT JOB !!!!!

Nice job, Ed. LIke the lining... Don't they take a time to make?

Ray

Very nice! I'd definitely like to know how you made the liner as well :)

Well now that you made a great wallet for yourself how about making some for all of us??

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Hi All,

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments!! They inspire me to do better with each & every project!!

Josh, You're right I forgot to give the size, it's 4" x 8 3/4". Yes, I made the liner. & Yes, Ray, the liner took almost as much time to make as the outside. The inside of the Credit Card pockets are made out of Tyvek, House Wrap, or the un-tearable shipping envelopes from the Post office. I'm not suggesting that You get them from the Post office, but it's the same material. Tyvek, fold & creases very nice, & it dyes Very well with Spirit dyes, to match your project.

As far as the design goes, I did have some Very good suggestions from Bob, to help me with the final design. Thanks Bob, You knew exactly what I needed!

CraftsMan, I wouldn't say that the carving is exceptionally deep,,, I always,,, well usually carve somewhere between 1/2 to about 2/3 the thickness of the leather. Alot of the time, it may look deeper than that because of the use of petal lifters, & matting.

Bree,,,, Hmmm maybe the next time we have a Pay it Forward on here,,,, I may just do something like that!

Thanks to Everybody not mentioning my wiggly sewing machine lines on the liner. I need LOTS more practice on that Devil machine!! hehehe

Thanks Again,,, Ed the"BearMan"

Ed,

It looks good and you received a great compliment on your edges from the "Edge" man. The one thing that looks a little out of place with the rest of the wallet is the stitching. It looks to be a little heavy. Good work...

Regards,

Ben

You're right Ben,

I wound up doing 6 per inch, I would usually do 8,,,, but the "Gremlins" must be hiding that spacing wheel. Yes, I feel very honored, to have Bob, compliment me on the edges. His edges are always impeccable! There for a while I had tried a wooden motorized burnisher, but as you can see, I do alot better with my ol' canvas cloth.

Thanks, Ed

It looks good and you received a great compliment on your edges from the "Edge" man. The one thing that looks a little out of place with the rest of the wallet is the stitching. It looks to be a little heavy. Good work...

Regards,

Ben

This is an awesome looking wallet. Great job