Sign in to follow this  
chevygirl

First attempt at resto....

i think i posted this in the wrong place earlier...oops!

This is my very first attempt at resurrecting an old saddle. This is 3/4 of the way through.

I should have cleaned it before i took the picture, but oh well :)

What do you think of it so far?

before:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x1/chev.../zzzzzzz016.jpg

after:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x1/chev.../zzzzzzz018.jpg

Honestly????..... Your doing a great job!!! It looks great, you really brought it a long way, I think you are on to something with doing leatherwork, from what you've shown us so far you have a real talent for it. Keep up the good work!! don't forget to show us when it's done!!

Thank you so much! I bought that saddle off an add, and the seller told me this over the phone before I came to pick it up, "its in terrific shape, no problems, ready to ride in" . haha :lol:

It looked decent in pictures (which were very low quality), but as you can see....it was not quite "ready to ride in" when i got there...lol BAD purchase, but ended up a fun project!

Edited by chevygirl

People often have different ideas of what good shape is, to me ready to ride means just that, all I have to do is put it on and go. I bought a nice Bona Allen the other day, it needs work, but is in good overall shape, just needs a good cleaning, and new fleece, and stirrup leathers, and stirrup fenders........ WOW that sounds like alot now!! I could sell it without doing that much to it, but if it's going to leave my shop, it'd be something I'd be proud to ride anywhere. I only paid $25.00 for it, so I think I can fix it up and still come out ahead. Anyway as long as you're happy with it, and learn something then I think it was worth it. Don't forget to show us when it's done, and I'll post some pics of this one before I tear into it.