Sign in to follow this  
panjibaskara

Link Info On What Needles To Use For Thousands Of Machines & Question On Minerva

While I was looking for info on a sewing machine, I found this :

http://www.rapida.co...EMAS AGUJAS.pdf

its a spanish site (i think) and on that pdf, there's a list of what needle to use on many many types of machines..figured that might be useful. the document is in German & English

Also, would like to ask, I found a Minerva 72410-104 post bed machine, selling head only for $320 and $425 for a complete set. Guy says its in working condition just need some servicing. Is it a good price?

I found this link about Minerva :

http://www.ingdrak.c...-stroje-minerva but nothing on it about that particular model.

Have any member here used it?

I am planning to use it with thread #30 (96?) on top & bottom, with #21 needle, can this machine handle it?

Would a 250watt clutch motor be enough?

Thanks in advance.

If a 250W motor works depends on what you want to sew with your machine.

Not sure in which part of the World you are living but if you live in the US I´d consider if Minerva has an "outpost" in the US at all since it is a Czech Company. As far as I know nowadays it belongs to Durkopp Adler so you "may" get parts from them. Anyway - I would first check if you can get any parts or accessories for the machine in your country or the WWW. If not, guess what I would do. It´s hard enough to find parts for older "western hemisphere" machines but I cannot imagine how the station is for older "eastern hemisphere" machines.

In the 1990´s and before Minervas were mostly delivered to the former USSR and the former "communist block" or their satellite states. I personally would not buy any of them. But that is a personal attitude and has nothing to do with the quality of their machines.

Thanks for your reply. Yep from what I read here quality seems to be good and that they were/are making machines for Durkopp Adler. Parts and service wise I think I can manage here (I'm from indonesia btw). I'll be using it to sew bags with max 6oz of total leather layer

. So if anyone can confirm tha this machine can do it that'll be great. Very hard to find the specs online. Most sites about it ae Czech or Polish hehe.

Thanks again